Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else hearing this?

• 20-06-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

27.222-24MHz

Sounds like someone just sat on their key and forgot about it...nothing I have around here is resonant on that frequency.

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Where:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

barnicles wrote: »
    Where:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm east galway.

It's really, really strong, but nothing I have kicking around here is of that freq...hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

27.222-24MHz

Sounds like someone just sat on their key and forgot about it...nothing I have around here is resonant on that frequency.

L

Is that AM, FM, SBs or what?

Im in Galway, would take me a week or 2 to set up but help you test if you want.

Is there many on the CB in Galway? Any good craic? What freqs and modes?

SSB.

There are a few of us, waiting to get our radio licenses pootering about on 26-7MHz, but other than that it;s france and spain all the way.

L

Lo! And from the heavens....!

IT turned out to be the local church splattering 5MHz either way with constant carrier on AM, keyed up the whole time. Comes on and off at random intervals....but knocks out .222-.230 with spurious emissions :S

L

L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

iv read about the churches and their illegal transmissions, it was in the irts news some time ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Basically around the UK 27.5MHz (between Irish/Euro CB and Amateur @ 28) is now I think 80 community licence channels, €100 a year for one channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

watty wrote: »
    Basically around the UK 27.5MHz (between Irish/Euro CB and Amateur @ 28) is now I think 80 community licence channels, €100 a year for one channel.

Handy income for brian cowan and his cronies.

People in Ireland have been transmitting on 27MHz for yearssssss without any hassle or licence fees. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN (as reported in The Irish Times <I think>) church transmissions, which were in existance for a number of years at the time, are interfering with airband!!! (I must admit, they do cause bleedover though)

Chingching Chingching...more taxation thanks to comreg. Its funny how normal CB goings on/church trans. never interfered with airband until recently :confused:

I bet Luigi in Italy gets on just fine with his 6 ele beam and 1KW linear and is not hassled by the powers to be!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Nothing like divine DX coming from Ireland on 27mhz.and Im 1600kM from there. Next time, I will complain to Comreg that my local reception is being thrashed out of it by the churches and to get on their bikes.

Its a cashcow too re licence. Another Irish racket to create a witchhunt and then hit them with a licence fee. Is there anything left there that is free of bureaucracy.

I remember back in 89 when suddenly ch30 ukfm was full of church stuff. Think it was sutton at the time, One was inspired to improve ones radio equipment to avoid divine bleedover and bin the awful Cb equipment forever.

bless you my child

• Advertisement

They wanted the Churches using VHF BandII moved to 27MHz.

Today, just out of interest, I did a programmed scan on a 72XLT w/rubber duck between 27.0 - 28.0 and received 3 to 4 churches. Signal strength was reasonably good (out n about in Dun Laoghaire)

Heh, I have minds of keying up and :

"This is EI777GOD, PEACE UNTO THEE"

:D

Ei6bb ?

There's no snarling or sounds of torture .. so no EI6bb

27.3 to 27.7 was active last nite. Got into Netherlands on .540 for about 10 minutes on USB. 27.395 had FM skip from Netherlands with one guy booming in on a 9+ with odd bit of QSB. Any ideas when the sun cycle is coming around to it's optimum?

humaxf1 wrote: »
    27.3 to 27.7 was active last nite. Got into Netherlands on .540 for about 10 minutes on USB. 27.395 had FM skip from Netherlands with one guy booming in on a 9+ with odd bit of QSB. Any ideas when the sun cycle is coming around to it's optimum?

About 3 more years?

10m been active. 5w contact to Czech last week (28.4xx something).

last two nights was open too, but I didn't do any calls.

I had the oppurtunity to look at a House of God WPAS install "very quickly" yesterday. Consists of an electrical box similar to this http://www.micromega-dynamics.com/images/amd_electrical_box.jpg with a few industrial type neon indicators and push button switches. WPAS stickers pasted all over it and a crude vertical whip...bit longer like what you see on electronic gates.

The "high site" has a CB vertical similar to an Antron 99. as I said, it was a very quick look, so how the audio gets to the high site, I dunno. Does the electrical box act as a "link transmitter" of some kind??

I'll try to get a closer look at it another time or stand outside with a sniffer. http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/CP42.pdf FYI

That small vertical whip is I'll wager a 433MHz link to the high site

• Advertisement

ragherrrrrrr... will investigate

Advertisement