Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Airsoft Forum???

Options
  • 20-06-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

just tried to access the page there but it wont let me, havnt received any PM's or bannings that i know of, i was in it last night no problems.

can anyone shed some light on this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lolcatsdotcomiy0hwr7nqv87ch3g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

That may be a little premature, generally we save the cat pictures until after we're clear what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Maybe its from comparing the IAA to the IRA, or were you banned for that?

Maybe someone looked at your previous posts, and decide you are a troll?

Hmm, you are right, no pm's is bold of the mods.

Pm silver haze right now mods, and let him know why his stellar contributions so far aren't being taken account of.

That may be a little premature, generally we save the cat pictures until after we're clear what's happened.

oh i know what happened

LolCatRenderer-41.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Maybe you should cut that out.

• Advertisement

Ah don't berate jack, he hasn't done any wrong.

He just isn't as used to silver haze as we are.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Maybe you should cut that out.

i'm not allowed throw cats at the airsoft troll now?

is this as amoderator or as a poster who hasn;t realised that the op has called us a bunch of rip off merchants that prey on 14 year olds
    he has no real interest in airsoft he , to my knowledge , never skirmishes and only posts derogatory and trollish stuff

i'm sure that an airsoft mod will explain why he is banned
    i hope he stays banned

have a look through his post so far why don't you

TBH tigger, we have to go through the rigmarole of getting the mods to explain, usually pretty damningly why the user was banned, then cats are welcome.

Motosam wrote: »
    TBH tigger, we have to go through the rigmarole of getting the mods to explain, usually pretty damningly why the user was banned, then cats are welcome.

i like the cats

i suppose i can wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Oh I see. Cats away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

just tried to access the page there but it wont let me, havnt received any PM's or bannings that i know of, i was in it last night no problems.

Yea those five infractions you received before not give you any hints? Pretty sure people get emailed on infractions.

Or it could be the somewhat rude responses you post (not sure if it is intentional or not), but generally doing it to the moderator of the forum will get you banned.

Tigger wrote: »
    i like the cats

i suppose i can wait

You can use this time to prepare the cats if you wish :)

good plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

Maybe its from comparing the IAA to the IRA, or were you banned for that?

Maybe someone looked at your previous posts, and decide you are a troll?

Hmm, you are right, no pm's is bold of the mods.

Pm silver haze right now mods, and let him know why his stellar contributions so far aren't being taken account of.

firstly i never made such a comparrison, i used the title of the Real IAA for a thread, some idiots must have made further connotations with that.

i have done nothing that is punnishable by a ban.
    Tigger wrote: »
    i'm not allowed throw cats at the airsoft troll now?

is this as amoderator or as a poster who hasn;t realised that the op has called us a bunch of rip off merchants that prey on 14 year olds
    he has no real interest in airsoft he , to my knowledge , never skirmishes and only posts derogatory and trollish stuff

i'm sure that an airsoft mod will explain why he is banned
    i hope he stays banned

have a look through his post so far why don't you

youve really gotten carried away with yourself there chap havnt you.

where did i accuse anyone of the above, i just thought that it was a little unfair that people are being exploited.
    what do you mean by "us" by the way?
    do you own airsoft as a sport or something, maybe. you run or own this forum or something.

no, i thought not.

i may not skirmish at your precious site but i do skirmish, and am very much into airsoft.
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Yea those five infractions you received before not give you any hints? Pretty sure people get emailed on infractions.

Or it could be the somewhat rude responses you post (not sure if it is intentional or not), but generally doing it to the moderator of the forum will get you banned.

as far as i know its 10 infractions before a ban.
    so am i banned in airsoft as i opened up a thread here about the adverts section, is that it?

i only started this thread for some clarification, if you cant give it or only have sad little cat picture to offer then dont waste your time. stick to world of warcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

There's a chain of command for these type of queries.

PM'ing the moderator(s) normally comes before feedback threads and to be honest, most feedback threads are just full of lolcats anyway :).

I wasn't the mod that banned you, but looking at the last couple of infractions you got, i'd imagine it was Rew that banned you, perhaps you should PM him?

And yes, it's 10 infractions before an automatic ban, mods have discretion though.

stick to world of warcraft.

That constitutes personal abuse! :D

No no, play wow if you want people I wont judge, but silver haze, you aren't really endearing yourself to anyone here, or making much of a case for yourself.

Have you pm'd the airsoft mods to seek clarification on this?

Perhaps its all just a misunderstanding.

Re: the real iaa, that was in the past, but sets the tone for your style of posting, its on what, the second page of your previous posts?
    And was a pretty immature title.

The posts after that aren't exactly great either.

I'm curious my self what was the final nail since then to constitute the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its 10 infraction for a site ban (unless they decide to do it early) 3 infractions in a forum in the space of a month deserves a ban imo.

kdouglas wrote: »
    There's a chain of command for these type of queries.

PM'ing the moderator(s) normally comes before feedback threads and to be honest, most feedback threads are just full of lolcats anyway :).

I wasn't the mod that banned you, but looking at the last couple of infractions you got, i'd imagine it was Rew that banned you, perhaps you should PM him?

And yes, it's 10 infractions before an automatic ban, mods have discretion though.

thanks for clearing that up, yeah i certainly wont be posting here again, i thought thsi place was a more serious forum, not another AH.
    but thanks ill PM REW and see what the craic is.
    That constitutes personal abuse! :D

No no, play wow if you want people I wont judge, but silver haze, you aren't really endearing yourself to anyone here, or making much of a case for yourself.

Have you pm'd the airsoft mods to seek clarification on this?

Perhaps its all just a misunderstanding.

Re: the real iaa, that was in the past, but sets the tone for your style of posting, its on what, the second page of your previous posts?
    And was a pretty immature title.

The posts after that aren't exactly great either.

I'm curious my self what was the final nail since then to constitute the ban.

i havnt but will do now, i wouldnt mind if i had actually done something but i havnt even posted in airsoft in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

6th wrote: »
    Its 10 infraction for a site ban (unless they decide to do it early) 3 infractions in a forum in the space of a month deserves a ban imo.

Bang on.
    Considering its a sub of the adverts site on boards for the nature of what's being sold.

OP - if you were banned on the basis of a feedback thread, thats not on IMO and you would have a case for getting the ban overturned.

• Advertisement

youve really gotten carried away with yourself there chap havnt you.

is sunny out , makes me hyper

where did i accuse anyone of the above, i just thought that it was a little ][unfair that people are being exploited.

id say the most likley to be exploited are the employees in the chineese shops you're so happy to promote

what do you mean by "us" by the way?

everyone who is not you

do you own airsoft as a sport or something, maybe. you run or own this forum or something.

no

no, i thought not.

well you have me there then

i may not skirmish at your precious site but i do skirmish, and am very much into airsoft.

i don't have a site, i skirmish all over

where do you skirmish? can i come and bring a team. i enjoy meeting people i imagine you are nicer in real life
    people are nicer to me in real life i think the internet brings out the worst in some people

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not banned by me either, if you haven't posted on there it could be the case that you were banned a while ago. I would say Rew was the mod that banned you based on the fact that he is responsible for most of the infractions as well.

I thought it was llort at the time, made a mistake.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56135066&postcount=40

plus his posts afterwards, and abusing rew in pm afaik got him a ban.

I would have copped if I hadn't mixed up my trolls.

its grand, its a ban from a while ago that just hadnt been lifted, have emailed Rew, thanks to those who made positive contributions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

its grand, its a ban from a while ago that just hadnt been lifted, have emailed Rew, thanks to those who made positive contributions.

Something doesn't add up there

yes
    he's a troll

i';m pretty sure he's llort the famous troll of airsoft

for the love of jebus is it time for the cats yet?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

kitteh-in-teh-corner.jpg

18591377_a9d9e36247.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

zcTqHiK8cacsev4dvLGfNVrv_400.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

feylya wrote: »
    Something doesn't add up there

Yeah, its not something that you just forget.

Is this just an excuse to create another thread in Feedback about airsoft in the hopes of getting it shut down?

Is 10 infractions really a site ban? Is it over a period of time in total?

Advertisement