Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was your favourite boy band?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Damzilla wrote: »
    New Kids on the Block were the only ones for me for ages. Then it was Back Street Boys.

Anyone remember a boy band from the US called EYC? Stood for Express Yourself Clearly!! I think they only ever had one hit. There were 3 of them. I remember them performing on Smash Hits one year. I was obsessed with one of them. His name was Trey. Sigh!

I just googled them and found this. http://eyc.zacharywoodlee.com/Gallery.html Oh dear lord. WHAT was I thinking?
    I had a massive crush on Trey as well. And the fella with the long hair who may or may not have been called Dave :o

East 17 were the best though. Closely followed by Take That and Boyzone, god love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

god i went through so many so here they are in order. jason donovan, New kids on the block (joe. kwahh!!) take that (marky of course) never really a fan of anyone else. still love take that to this day. now for some reason (maybe cause he reminds me of my OH) is now jason. yum:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Damzilla

rain on wrote: »
    I had a massive crush on Trey as well. And the fella with the long hair who may or may not have been called Dave :o

East 17 were the best though. Closely followed by Take That and Boyzone, god love them.

Thank god I'm not the only one! Did you have a look at that link? I think there is pictures of Dave there some where. They state of them!:D

Even the name - Express Yourself Clearly, makes me cringe!

Thank god I'm not the only one! Did you have a look at that link? I think there is pictures of Dave there some where. They state of them!:D

Even the name - Express Yourself Clearly, makes me cringe!
    Yeah I looked at it, state of them indeed! Must try and track down some of their stuff on YouTube, quite the blast from the past.

Looking them up reminded me of MN8 as well, remember them? And Ultimate Kaos, who were vaguely creepy now that I think about them, with all their sex talk and them only being 12 or something. Me and some of my friends had a YouTube 90s Reminiscence Night a while back actually and it's mildly alarming how all the stuff we were listening to when we were 9 or 10 was completely about sex. East 17 especially were total filthbags. You bring the body and I'll bring the steam indeed :o Thank god I didn't understand any of the lyrics.

Yeah I looked at it, state of them indeed! Must try and track down some of their stuff on YouTube, quite the blast from the past.

Looking them up reminded me of MN8 as well, remember them? And Ultimate Kaos, who were vaguely creepy now that I think about them, with all their sex talk and them only being 12 or something. Me and some of my friends had a YouTube 90s Reminiscence Night a while back actually and it's mildly alarming how all the stuff we were listening to when we were 9 or 10 was completely about sex. East 17 especially were total filthbags. You bring the body and I'll bring the steam indeed :o Thank god I didn't understand any of the lyrics.

I just looked them up on YouTube. Hilarious! But friggin scary as well. Yer man Trey seemed to do all the singing. Not sure what the other two were there for.

Have a vague recollection of Ultimate Kaos. Who sang the song about getting freaky with you? I remember thinking that was really bad even at a young age after a friend playing it in the car in front of her dad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The first album I ever bought was MN8. I went to see Boyzone when I was 10, I loved it.

I do still quite like Westlife's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I used to love Boyzone *cringes* I think my favorite was Stephen, then he turned out to be gay! I was gutted! :D My mate loved Ronan, so I think we used to argue about who was better, lol! She also loved some bloke from 5ive, I can't remember which one. She used to have posters of him covering her room. She won't even let me mention him now, she's so embarrassed. Ah, good times...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oooh I loved 5ive when I was younger! I remember my dad somehow got free tickets for us to see them in concert but we had to leave early cos my sister had a headache :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Boyzone all the way...im going to see them cant wait..

i also like 5ive,backstreet boys,spice girls and OTT....

I just looked them up on YouTube. Hilarious! But friggin scary as well. Yer man Trey seemed to do all the singing. Not sure what the other two were there for.

Have a vague recollection of Ultimate Kaos. Who sang the song about getting freaky with you? I remember thinking that was really bad even at a young age after a friend playing it in the car in front of her dad!
    The one with the whipped cream and licking you up and down? I think it was Another Level. Watched the video for it on YouTube a while back -- it's unbelievably unsexy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Five..
    Back in the day

Oh yes, Five indeed. But only because J was soo hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Lilym

Take That and they also lead the reform bands!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Westlife and I still love them. I think they've got better with aqe though.
    Went to the concert in Croke Park and was one of the better moments in my life. Can't wait to see the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh man, this one has me shamefaced...

first cd: 61Y8PWrjRdL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

first concert: westlife_beach.jpg

first (musical) crush: robbie_williamsrehab.jpg

The one with the whipped cream and licking you up and down? I think it was Another Level. Watched the video for it on YouTube a while back -- it's unbelievably unsexy.

Ah yes. Now I remember!

Ah yes. Now I remember!*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I was and still am a big Take That fan but I went through a major Five (or 5ive as they were known) phase. Ah they had some catchy tunes though....also was a big Boyzone fan, thought Ronan was the business, saw him in my local (also his local) recently and I couldn't stop laughing, state of him! :)

I didn't really do bands. I had a major Elvis crush as a youth.
    There is a topless teenage Kavana sticker still attached to the door of my press at home. :o
    I have no idea what he sounded like though.

I just remembered that I went to see Five years ago in the Point and a guy I worked with got access to back stage and I got all their signatures.

How coool am I? Huh? Are we like sooo jealous of me or wha?:D

I just remembered that I went to see Five years ago in the Point and a guy I worked with got access to back stage and I got all their signatures.

How coool am I? Huh? Are we like sooo jealous of me or wha?:D
    :eek:I hate you!

Actually I am kind of jealous ha ha ha. I loved Abs :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Take That
    Backstreet Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

For sheer quality of songs it would have to be between Take That and Backstreet Boys. Both greatest hits get a good playing on iPod every so often. Cheese at its best mixed with some really well written songs.

Pighead beat me to the A1 tune "Caught In The Middle". Superb song.

Other than that, East 17, NSYNC and NKOTB all get their fair share of air time.

Anyone remember the Lyte Funky Ones (LFO)? Had two superb pop songs called "Girl on TV" and "Summer Girls". Might go stick them on now actually......

Hanson released a great song about three years ago called "Penny and Me". Like that one a lot.

Never really liked any of the Irish boybands tbh. Full of covers.

Do Savage Garden count? Maybe not.

I think I've said waaaaaay too much so I'm gonna stop now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Is it wrong that I think I've at least one song by most of the bands listed in this thread on my mp3 player...:o
    Take That - check
    911 - check
    Bewitched - check
    BSB - check
    E17 - check
    Nsync - check
    A1 - keep meaning to get "Caught in the Middle" off eBay or something.
    Savage Garden - check
    The Cure - check
    LFO - check
    Spice Girls - check

Hmm... looking at the ones I don't only gives me nostalgia, I'll have to try track down some of their songs too....
    Not Boyzone though, never heard a song of theirs I liked so they can get on my mp3 player over my dead body.

*points to the Slipknot tracks on his mp3 player to reclaim some semblence of manhood! lol*:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Jules wrote: »
    OK this may make me sound awful but i was in Isreal when i was 10 years old, my dad was in the army and my self my mum and 6th went over for 3 weeks to visit him. It was an awesome trip and remember every bit of it.... but the highlight... Buying my New Kids On The Block beach towel.... I loved it!*

*i mean love it... I still have it, and will never give it up!

It's so funny how you said 6th there like you and your mum randomly took him on holiday with you instead of him being your brother! .

I loved so many boybands. This thread has brought back some serious memories. I loved Take That and then the backstreet boys. I saw them in the RDS when I was 15 and it was hilarious. In the song Backstreet's back there's a line where Nick Carter says "am i sexual" and when he sand it every girl in the place screamed. My friend saw them in London a few weeks ago and sai that everyone screamed again when he sang it even though the crows were all mid twenties by this stage. Now I look at Nick Carter and I think eww, I was crazy about him at the time though!

Well, it's actualy an old r'n'b record by silk. Another level basically copied it exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Ahhh the boyband era was great!

Never got into Take That for some reason...

1. Boyzone, loved em. Steve was my fave!
    2. Then Five came along, a "hard-core" boyband, lol...
    3. Then Westlife, who are still my fave boyband!

Was also partial to a bit of Busted.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

definately backstreet boys, saw them in dublin few yrs back :D and also westlife, seen them 3 or 4 times :D love nicky, yum !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

music5ive1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

farohar wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I think I've at least one song by most of the bands listed in this thread on my mp3 player...:o
    Take That - check
    911 - check
    Bewitched - check
    BSB - check
    E17 - check
    Nsync - check
    A1 - keep meaning to get "Caught in the Middle" off eBay or something.
    Savage Garden - check
    The Cure - check
    LFO - check
    Spice Girls - check

Hmm... looking at the ones I don't only gives me nostalgia, I'll have to try track down some of their songs too....
    Not Boyzone though, never heard a song of theirs I liked so they can get on my mp3 player over my dead body.

*points to the Slipknot tracks on his mp3 player to reclaim some semblence of manhood! lol*:p

Lmao :pac:

/points finger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Abigayle wrote: »
    Lmao :pac:

/points finger

*backs away from the finger smelling like catfood.:p

• Advertisement

Aww I love this thread. I was the only one in my class in school who was really in to the whole boyband thing (swats the lot of them!)...

Another A1 song that is really catchy is Same Old Brand New You.

By the way NKOTB beach towel? Jules wins ha ha!

Advertisement