Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers on Tap in Sligo

Options
  • 20-06-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

One question. Can these Beers/Stouts be bought here on tap here in Sligo town?

Budweiser
    Miller
    Boddingtons
    Tyskie (Polish)
    Okocim (Polish)
    Warka (Polish)
    Kilkenny
    Caffreys
    Bavaria
    Beamish
    Murphy's
    Warsteiner Premium Verum (German)
    Paulaner Hefeweizen (German)

Just curious cause I can get them in Dublin (The Baggot Inn, Cafe en Seine) Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Budweiser - Yes
    Miller - Yes (some places)
    Boddingtons - WTF?
    Tyskie (Polish) - Don't Know
    Okocim (Polish) - Don't Know
    Warka (Polish) - Don't Know
    Kilkenny - Is this available anywhere anymore?
    Caffreys - See Above
    Bavaria - Don't Know
    Beamish - Some Places
    Murphy's - Some Places
    Warsteiner Premium Verum (German) - Don't Know
    Paulaner Hefeweizen (German) - Don't Know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

DenMan wrote: »
    One question. Can these Beers/Stouts be bought here on tap here in Sligo town?

Budweiser
    Miller
    Boddingtons
    Tyskie (Polish)
    Okocim (Polish)
    Warka (Polish)
    Kilkenny
    Caffreys
    Bavaria
    Beamish
    Murphy's
    Warsteiner Premium Verum (German)
    Paulaner Hefeweizen (German)

Just curious cause I can get them in Dublin (The Baggot Inn, Cafe en Seine) Thanks in advance.

You can buy nearly all of those in Foleys, they might sell them in the bar too? dunno if you'd get them on tap though.

BTW. Are you planning on drinking them all that night?
    Shall I call your ambulance now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Gillie wrote: »
    BTW. Are you planning on drinking them all that night?
    Shall I call your ambulance now?

Nice one!! Just curious to know if they are available here to buy. There are quite a few gems on that list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Bit of a derailment from the Sligo Boardsies Beers thread... although a very pertinent question.

Miller can be found on tap in McHugh's (Grattan st)
    Hoegaarden can be found on tap in Furey's (Bridge st)
    There's a Czech beer which I forget the name of on tap in the Stables (Wine st)

Apart from that most pubs have much of the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney wrote: »
    Bit of a derailment from the Sligo Boardsies Beers thread... although a very pertinent question.

Hoegaarden can be found on tap in Furey's (Bridge st)
    There's a Czech beer which I forget the name of on tap in the Stables (Wine st)

Apart from that most pubs have much of the same.

Is the Czech beer called "Budvar"? It was my favourite tipple when I was a drinker.

Could very well be. Here a few Czech Beers I have tried in the past.

Nova Paka
    Poutnik
    Zatec
    Bock

All get the thumbs up...:D

One Problem.

The tap is downstairs only.

If its very quiet they sometimes will go downstairs to get you one!

A new bar has opened beside the smoking area so I don't know if they put a miller tap there!

You can also get miller on tap in the Belfrey!

Thanks Gillie. The Belfry is nice. Also the snooker tables upstairs, and the outside beer garden rules. (Embassy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Could very well be. Here a few Czech Beers I have tried in the past.

Nova Paka
    Poutnik
    Zatec
    Bock

All get the thumbs up...:D

prazsky is my favorite cheap beer.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

op, you've got to remember that this is sligo. we're atleast a year behind pubs in other parts of the country. places like mc garrigles have a great beer selection but the majority of places stick with the guinness, bud, heino, carlsberg, bulmers, smithwicks formula.

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    op, you've got to remember that this is sligo. we're atleast a year behind pubs in other parts of the country. places like mc garrigles have a great beer selection but the majority of places stick with the guinness, bud, heino, carlsberg, bulmers, smithwicks formula.

Thanks for the reply man. Just checking things out. Heineken seems very watered down to me anywhere I drink it. I like Carslberg, it's a strong beer, always keeps a good head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Budweiser
    Miller
    Bavaria

These three can hardly be described as "beer" though, can they ?

peasant wrote: »
    These three can hardly be described as "beer" though, can they ?

You got me there buddy, I'm not sure what you mean. They are beers, nice ones at that too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well, we could argue about that ...but tastes are different and there also is a dedicated beer forum ...so I won't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Budweiser nice!? Ah no... just no.

Right - no more insulting people's tastes in beverage, that's for the users over at the beer forum!

You may show your appreciation for beers that are available in Sligo, or your desire that other worthy beers be brought into Sligo, but anything else has no place in this thread.

Final warning to keep it relatively on topic, ladies and gentlemen.

Right - no more insulting people's tastes in beverage, that's for the users over at the beer forum!

You may show your appreciation for beers that are available in Sligo, or your desire that other worthy beers be brought into Sligo, but anything else has no place in this thread.

Final warning to keep it relatively on topic, ladies and gentlemen.

Well said Xiney, fair play to you.

Gonna pop down to Centa in Maugheraboy soon for a few brewskies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Paulener on tap in Fureys

Cheers for that redarmy. It is a real session beer. Good to see Fureys having some German beers on tap. Give it a try if you havn't already.

• Advertisement

Hi guys

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I put it here on my thread. It's a question regarding the Glasshouse.

First of all, it looks terrific, real cosmo. I am wondering what the extensive Beer menu is like there. I have only been there once, at a Birthday. There are two bars, one at the front entrance and another at the dining area. I am also wondering have many people tried the cocktail menu bar, and what did they try. I saw it listed on their website. This would be the perfect setting for our get-together, plenty of room and if anybody is traveling over, I hear the accommodation is quite inexpensive, unlike Dublin...:( What do you think?

Also please feel free to post any other drinks on this thread, it may say Beer but I will not be limiting it to just Beer. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Hi guys

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I put it here on my thread. It's a question regarding the Glasshouse.

First of all, it looks terrific, real cosmo. I am wondering what the extensive Beer menu is like there. I have only been there once, at a Birthday. There are two bars, one at the front entrance and another at the dining area. I am also wondering have many people tried the cocktail menu bar, and what did they try. I saw it listed on their website. This would be the perfect setting for our get-together, plenty of room and if anybody is traveling over, I hear the accommodation is quite inexpensive, unlike Dublin...:( What do you think?

Also please feel free to post any other drinks on this thread, it may say Beer but I will not be limiting it to just Beer. Thank you.
    Well, Denman, I was in there about a month ago and after a few beerskis I ordered a White Russian of a young barman upstairs. I could see in his eyes he wasn't really sure but eventually I was handed what appeared like one. When I brought it down I tasted it and I was about to proclaim it to all and sundry as the weakest WR I ever had when I was tipped on the shoulder and another barman (the bar manager?, about 30?) said that doesn't look right and gave me another WR. He said this is a "real one". And it was savage. The older barman definitely knows his stuff but the younger lad I was dealing with wasn't great. Maybe he was only new or something.

Thanks buddy.

Pulling pints of beer is one thing, but cocktails and Guinness should be left to the more experienced people, old skool guys/gals who know what they are doing. Anyone else been there recently?

I'm gonna have one cocktail at the book club (an indulgence on minimum wage)

It had better be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

anyone know where/if 'gosser' can be bought, does not have to be on tap, austrain beer, similar strenght to stella and krononburg 1664, had it in austria a few years ago and loved it, did inquire in foleys off licence a few weeks ago but they didn't stock it

Hey man

Yep I had Gosser too, in Vienna. It is a nice beer. Had it in the restaurants and bars. Not sure if you can get it here in Sligo. I know that Cafe En Seine and The Baggot Inn in Dublin have it on tap. I would say maybe Galway would have it somewhere. I would have suggested Foleys might have it, but you tried there. Hardigans bar has re-opened, they might have it? Unlikely though. Try McGarrigles bar in O'Connell Street, they could be your best bet. They have stocked a lot of German beers there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The cocktail list in the Glass is a 1980's nightclub/only fools and horses job. It is all umbrellas and slow comfortable screws against the wall. Not a chocolate martini in sight. I ordered a cocktail there and I was embarrased to be seen drinking it, a real Delboy effort and it tasted terrible, a blue lagoon I think it was called.

Paulener is now on tap in McGarrigles.

You mean like the "Caribbean Stallion" he ordered before? or maybe "Malibu and Cherryade" and of course "Manhattan". Classic. Must try it out.

Evening everybody. In for my first drink of the evening. Big game on in the Show Grounds tonight. Wonder whats on the bar menu in Mooneys tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Evening everybody. In for my first drink of the evening. Big game on in the Show Grounds tonight. Wonder whats on the bar menu in Mooneys tonight?

just alcohol i reckon, think they stop serving food about 6pm, might have to make to with a curry chip from 'its franks' chip van at the match

Advertisement