Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 3 Very good mods...

Options
  • 20-06-2008 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey guys..

I've played pretty much every mod that bf2 has...and these are by far the best...not in any real order as they all give different game play......first up is.........: --> http://www.aixtended.com/

Great mod...lots and lots of work went into this....all new maps or previous maps that have been heavily altered....lots of your favourite maps are now at night time...changes strategies big time...and there is always active servers unlike alot of the mods out there....123 servers usually lists with about 3 to 4 full and a few straggling ones with 8-9 players in each.....

very cool weapons....all brand new....very cool mod all 'n' all....

Second is.....: --> http://www.opkmod.com/

This is set around the gulf war..yet again alot of work went into this and most importantly..always has active servers.....design etc more toned down than the previous mod mentioned here but I played this for a solid 3 months and didnt get bord. worth the look!..

Finally...one that has been around a long time is.....: --->http://www.pointofexistence.com/

This was the mod that got me interested in all the rest...all new weapons....all new maps..alot are snow maps...very rustic feel to this mod....usually busy servers but GMT time your looking to play this late at night to get any good active servers....lots of fun aa guns....lots of modded vehicels......halftracks....artillery tanks that can fire the length of the map...very cool stuff... :)

there you go...hope you have fun...(fyi.I have the first mod installed currently...wont be removing it for some time...hehe...theres a mini-gunner class in that....serious kick back but fun when meeting someone coming around the corner..lol)

teddi :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Think i'm going to download the first mod u suggested. I'm also downloading project reality to see if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

I've downloaded the first mod you mentioned.
    I tell you lads,it is brilliant!
    The night maps with the moonlight are so spooky :D
    The sound of the weapons and vehicles are fantastic.
    My favourite is the sound of the A-10...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

must check these out, best mod ive tried so far is project reality- very difficult with a steep learning curve, but very satisfying when you actually kill someone :)

one awful mod i tried was 'nations at war'. 4+ gigs of downloading and there wasn't one full server out of the whole 7 shown. they just play co-op against crap bots the whole time :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Project Reality was for me too 'real'. I bought BF2 for it's action/arcade feel. Yeah some bugs meant that even if you were the best shot in the world you'd still get killed by a bunny-hopping, body-rolling noobie, but I much prefer it to PR which takes a LOT of time to master.

PoE (PointOfExistence) is excellent. New maps, new weapons, excellent gameplay - the only version of BF2 that I continue to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ponster wrote: »
    Project Reality was for me too 'real'. I bought BF2 for it's action/arcade feel. Yeah some bugs meant that even if you were the best shot in the world you'd still get killed by a bunny-hopping, body-rolling noobie, but I much prefer it to PR which takes a LOT of time to master.

+++

Also Pro Mod is a very good match mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dogfighting in the heli's in PoE is always fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

AIX 2.0 is released now :)

http://www.aixtended.com/

Advertisement