Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carve your name in the 1 piece of wood

Options
  • 20-06-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in Dublin I can get the above mentioned, name carved outta the one piece of wood. used to be all the rage..

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd look up places that do name plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Decwell's Hardware on George's St (and probably many other hardware shops) can order them in for you. Not cheap though. They have a range on display outside - mainly house name/number type. I'm sure you could get whatever you want done, they are probably done by machine. I'd say it would be a fair bit cheaper if you could contact the company who actually do them.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

tampopo wrote: »
    Anyone know where in Dublin I can get the above mentioned, name carved outta the one piece of wood. used to be all the rage..

many thanks

there's a traditional toys shop in powerscourt shopping centre in town that used to do these. Don't know if its still there, however!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

thanks for the replies. yeah, what rojo mentions might fit the bill.

It's only a basic bit of timber, not hefty enough to be a House name plate or anything...thanks.

They used to be seen in markets and all that. wonder if the Blackrock market or the Blackberry market in Rathmines has something like that.

The place in the Powerscourt Townhouse centre might do, I remember seeing children's toys with timber letters etc..

ta much

Advertisement