Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wholegrain Wrap -v- Wholegrain Sandwich

• 20-06-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, I'm wondering which would have fewer carbs, a wholegrain wrap or two slices of wholegrain bread? A lot of the time delis dont do wholegrain wraps so what would a white wrap be like in comparison to two slices of wholegrain bread?

Fillings would be the same either way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Both will be high carb. You'd be better asking for the fillings to go, and then eating with a bag of washed salad.

Bread varies a lot, but the last loaf I looked at was 80 calories per slice, most of those carbs. The last time I checked a tortilla (the sort they used for wraps), it was about 140 cals.

I'd be surprized if you could get a real wholegrain wrap, most of them are white, and you see the occasional one with a sprinkle of brown flour. And most whole bread is too dense to make good sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Marks do a good wholegrain wrap, not sure of the calories though! TBA these days I have my sandwich at 1 and don't eat again til 7 or so, so I'd die without at least some carbs (I try to have a carb-free dinner) carbs are not my enemy, I don't mind having some, pity there's such a small difference between the wrap and sambo though :(

Advertisement