Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corkagh park fishery

Options
  • 20-06-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

anyone tried corkagh park fishery in clondalkin.
    i love the place great fly fishing and great carp fishing the fish in it are trout perch roach rudd tench bream and big carp.

i highly recommend you try

regards

amaughan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 northsideangler

HEY my first post wahoo ,Ive fished many spots around dublin with none really standing out as a top quality spot with non stop fish all day with ground baiting etc i wouldnt be the best fisherman out there but i have a reasonable idea of how to fish im a part time fisherman really lol my biggest coarse fish is a 4 lb bream sad i know thats why im really hoping you can give some really positive feedback anyone on the coarse lake in corcagh park i recently found corcagh park fishery on the net and i was wondering as its a public park whats the fishing like i know you pay to fish but is it enclosed or every time i hook a fish will i have 5 million kids watching every splash my fish makes as i really enjoy a bit of piece and quiet as i fish , is there a web site for the fishery , im more in to the coarse ie carp tench , so mate could you give me a bit of info please ?,
    CHEERS MATE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The Corcagh Park Fishery website is here:
    http://www.corkaghpark.com/content.php?ID=1

Cheers

im going to go to corkagh park looks great im going soon will put up how i got on

THANKYOU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

that more a less ends this thread corkagh park looks great im going soon will put up how i got on

THANKYOU

haha no offence mate but that dont end this thread at all this thread is being set up for people to write about how they get on there and talk about the place and all the aspects of corkagh park fishery.

I went saturday just gone had an average day , think i fished it wrong i went for a bottom feeder rig floating my baits off the bottom with an open ended swim feeder ,
    Throwing ground bait in all day aswell didnt really have much effect as it does on other lakes , i wasnt really aiming for carp as i didnt really have bait with me or to be honest i dont really know bout carp fishing but my tactics paid off for a dozen or so rudd , roach, nothing really worth talking about until i started packing my gear up bout 9.45 then something took my big juicy worm i had my rod bent and i knew my day was to be saved i knew by the bend in my rod i finally had a fish worth talking bout taking line as it bent , took me 15 mins to land him a 7lb common carp i was over the moon , which really p*ssed my mates off who caught nothing more than a half pounder all day :? so my carp experience has opened my eyes and now all i want to fish for in corkagh park are CARP , and in general i think corcagh park has turned me into a wannabe carp fisherman

SO if any one wants to tell me the best rigs and tactics used in corcagh park it would be very much appreciated ??

• Advertisement

I went saturday just gone had an average day , think i fished it wrong i went for a bottom feeder rig floating my baits off the bottom with an open ended swim feeder ,
    Throwing ground bait in all day aswell didnt really have much effect as it does on other lakes , i wasnt really aiming for carp as i didnt really have bait with me or to be honest i dont really know bout carp fishing but my tactics paid off for a dozen or so rudd , roach, nothing really worth talking about until i started packing my gear up bout 9.45 then something took my big juicy worm i had my rod bent and i knew my day was to be saved i knew by the bend in my rod i finally had a fish worth talking bout taking line as it bent , took me 15 mins to land him a 7lb common carp i was over the moon , which really p*ssed my mates off who caught nothing more than a half pounder all day :? so my carp experience has opened my eyes and now all i want to fish for in corkagh park are CARP , and in general i think corcagh park has turned me into a wannabe carp fisherman

SO if any one wants to tell me the best rigs and tactics used in corcagh park it would be very much appreciated ??

the bolt rig and use P.V.A with hallibut 21mm pellets.

were you talkin to pidge or godfrey

CHEERS mate pva attached to my rig ? thanks for the advice do you fish corcagh park yourself have you pulled anything legendary out of it ?? was talking to the young lad i paid in the hut he told me to fish off the bottom thats all its a bit embarrasing asking a kid for fishing tips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Heres some reading for you:

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/4448

Thats the start of a series of articles on starting Carp fishing, should give you all the basics and more. Just remember to keep it simple, you will blank, and that doesn't mean you are doing something wrong, that's just Carp fishing.

CHEERS mate pva attached to my rig ? thanks for the advice do you fish corcagh park yourself have you pulled anything legendary out of it ?? was talking to the young lad i paid in the hut he told me to fish off the bottom thats all its a bit embarrasing asking a kid for fishing tips

yeah the guy that owns it is a mate of mine.

everyone up there knows all the good stuff and spots to catch fish it dont matter wat age they are the know alot trust me i thought everything they know hahahahahahaha.that is everyone that works there know all.

its a great lake i was there when the record carp was takin out.i put in the 25 pound trout and the 7 pound brown trout and i was there when the massive..... well well keep that one a secrete till its caught haha.

there is plenty of little hiddin supprises at corkagh park hahaha.

there is a massive stock of fish carp avarage is about 7 trout about 4.

i would advise that that everyone should have a look at this place as it is a great lake with really nice and funny staff that are willing to help

Does anyone fly fish for the carp there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

The guy running it lost the tender its all up in the air at to moment no one seems to know whats going to happen to the lakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angling mad

I fished corkagh park yesterday it is now managed on behalf of South Dublin County Council by Mack Trading Ltd. The company has a long established relationship with the council also managing the adjoining Camac Valley, Tourist Camping Park. There are a full range of facilities on site including tuition, equipment rental, bait, toilets and Coffee Shop. They have a new website http://corkaghparkfisheries.com/

I fished for the afternoon no carp few nice roach and a good selection of trout including in on big rainbow and a wild brownie on the pole good fight expensive for the day fishing tho
    check out my full report on my prebait.com page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I pass this nearly every day, It seems to have lost a lot of the regulars since it was taken over. I am not sure that there is the same friendly banter that existed with the last crowd. Which is a shame beause it has great potential.
    Mind you there were some nice trout been taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Live close enough to the park so might give it a go
    Bit of a first timer so I'd need to rent a rod off them too!

Anybody have a rough idea of what they charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Philip220Coarse

hello, if anyone can help me thats great im going down to Corkagh Park Fisheries on sunday to try and catch roach and rudd so could someone please tell me what tatics to use and what bait which will insure i catch them and what peg do you have a good chance for catching roach and rudd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Anyone know if this place is still open?

Yes it is still open, however the trout lake is in a bad way, a lot of weed I would hazard that it is not fishable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Yes it is still open, however the trout lake is in a bad way, a lot of weed I would hazard that it is not fishable.
    Might head down in the next few days and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I would be interested to hear what this place is like now. If anyone has been recently could they please post up a review with prices ect.. as the website is a joke. :)
    http://www.corkaghparkfishery.com/

Mrtules, that is a very old website there have been two owners since Goldfish. The last group didn't do much to keep the fishery up to standard and the new owners seem to be suffering from their neglect. Passed by there today and went to have a good look.
    The trout lake is indeed in a bad way very dense weeds there were two guys fishing from the pontoon the rest of the lake would be impossible to fish. However they seem to be making an effort to clear the weeds. i dont envy them the task it looks like a monumental task, so much so I would think the only way to deal with the problem is to drain the lake and dig it out. Last year the weeds were bad this year is a lot worse.
    On the other hand the coarse lake looks great and there were quite a few fishing it. From the bridge I saw some sizable fit looking carp.
    There was one guy with a keep net and it had some good roach. He was telling me they are not easily caught but that the fishing is good.
    if you are looking to go fly fishing I would suggest having a good look before parting with your cash, (€20.00 for the day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

having heard a bit about corkagh park i was out that way one day last year and went into have a look, not to fish........i have never seen a worse place to go fishing. Ever. not my thing..........its looks like fishing hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fly123man

Story lads
    hit Corkaghpark on Saturday got word it had been weeded and stocked and its true .had a good day fishing hit double figures .check it out . This is the new websit address www.corkaghparkfishery.ie great fishing for this time of year :)

MRTULES wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear what this place is like now. If anyone has been recently could they please post up a review with prices ect.. as the website is a joke. :)
    http://www.corkaghparkfishery.com/

hi mrtules
    this the new website www.corkaghparkfishery.ie
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Looks good.

dont be fooled this place is an absolute nightmare to fish,there is supposed to be bream in there but ive never seen one,i have seen a few carp caught from inside the weeds by a kid using a floating dog biscuit on about 20 pound line !They wont take anything else,the bins around the lake are overflowing with rubbish everywhere,the shop is understocked and the price to fish is way way overpriced,the place is gone to the dogs,if you want a proper carping experience go to Oaklands in Wexford,Huge lake thats spotless at ALL times,Great staff great shop and its a tenner for the day,my first trip there after lots of blank trips in corcaigh i caught over 30 carp,id never got one before that day,Amazing place,well worth the drive

Hey AnneFrank: Stop holding back ... go on and tell us what you really think about Corcagh Park !

Just pulling your leg! ;)

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

coolwings wrote: »
    Hey AnneFrank: Stop holding back ... go on and tell us what you really think about Corcagh Park !

Just pulling your leg! ;)

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

ha ha no worries coolwings may aswell be Frank !! :)

AnneFrank wrote: »
    dont be fooled this place is an absolute nightmare to fish,there is supposed to be bream in there but ive never seen one,i have seen a few carp caught from inside the weeds by a kid using a floating dog biscuit on about 20 pound line !They wont take anything else,the bins around the lake are overflowing with rubbish everywhere,the shop is understocked and the price to fish is way way overpriced,the place is gone to the dogs,if you want a proper carping experience go to Oaklands in Wexford,Huge lake thats spotless at ALL times,Great staff great shop and its a tenner for the day,my first trip there after lots of blank trips in corcaigh i caught over 30 carp,id never got one before that day,Amazing place,well worth the drive

over 30 carp .did u use a rod r a net lol

fly123man wrote: »
    over 30 carp .did u use a rod r a net lol

ha ha just a rod with a lump of luncheon meat,it was just one of those days the fish were feeding like crazy,the biggest was about 6 pound i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Looks good.

looks can be deceiving………called in to look at the place once………nothing will ever improve it……..what a hole I would rather fish in a bucket of urine……….

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement