Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

corkagh park fishery

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corkagh park fishery

MRTULES wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear what this place is like now. If anyone has been recently could they please post up a review with prices ect.. as the website is a joke. :)
    http://www.corkaghparkfishery.com/

That website is not operated by the fishery, for the fishery go to http://www.corkaghparkfishery.ie/ . The other website belongs to Goldfish angling who no longer operate Corkagh Park.
    There will be a new Blog, http://www.corkaghparkfishery.blogspot.com shortly to give up to date information on the trout and coarse lakes. While there were some weed problems in the trout lake last summer, this was due to the change-over and a delay in tackling the weed. We hope to be able to control it better this coming year.
    the current prices are:
    Annual permit Adult 1 lake - €250
    Annual permit Adult 2 lakes - €350
    Annual permit Junior - €200 (16 and under)
    Adult full day €20, half day €15, evening €10
    Junior day €10, half day €8, evening €6 (16 and under)

looks can be deceiving………called in to look at the place once………nothing will ever improve it……..what a hole I would rather fish in a bucket of urine……….
    having heard a bit about corkagh park i was out that way one day last year and went into have a look, not to fish........i have never seen a worse place to go fishing. Ever. not my thing..........its looks like fishing hell.

Looks can indeed be decieving. Why not try fishing, you may be surprised and there are many regular anglers along with the staff who are willing to help new visitors catch fish with tips on methods and flies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Looks can indeed be decieving. Why not try fishing, you may be surprised and there are many regular anglers along with the staff who are willing to help new visitors catch fish with tips on methods and flies.

Corkagh park fishery:
    I have wondered about fly fishing for carp and Corcagh Park is nearby.
    I understand a few carp have been added to the trout lake, so it's a possibility there. :)
    But can we fly fish in the coarse lake? And those who have done this, how did it work out?

Just as an aside I should mention that I have caught the triploid rainbows at Corcagh Park and elsewhere and they fight like demons on steroids. I understand from fish I caught there in the past on the two occasions I fished it, that it used to be stocked with a mix of both triploids and diploids (natural).
    I appreciate that the triploids cost more and there are economic limitations operating. But they are a far better class of fish if they can be got.
    What is the present stocking arrangement on this (I'm not asking for dates!).

At the moment fly-fishing is not allowed in the coarse lake. This is currently under review, however there are a few to be caught in the trout lake. If they were seriously targeted in the summer months I'm sure they may prove enormous fun. They do take nymphs and buzzers too :D and I can tell you they give a great fight.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

I have not fished here yet, so I can't comment....but it's on my to do list for 2011...

If I do I will add it to my blog..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Went here on Saturday after the hooked expo. Cant say I was impressed. Other than the fact there was little or no fish to be had, the place is basically in the middle of a park. People walking behind me constantly, kids running about the place, dogs being walked etc. Definitely not for me thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone fished corkagh park over last few months? hows it looking? thinkin of bringing my nephew out this weekend for a few hours.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Desailly

Our club held a Juniors competition on it recently. Everybody was very impressed with the venue.
    Paul, the staff member who was looking after the place on the day, could not have been any more helpful.
    We were fishing on the trout lake and it was absolutely stuffed with fish (although I think it had only been stocked the day before).
    There were over 30 kids fishing and every one of them caught at least 1 fish, some even caught into double figures.
    I think they have also introduced fly fishing for carp which would definitely be worth a go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

i know its an experience for the kids but can be so frustrating fishing beside them or the day after when the fish are stuffed with maggots and im using a fly and after paying to fish it i used to catch some beautiful fish there and also held a record for bout a month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 qwe123

i know its an experience for the kids but can be so frustrating fishing beside them or the day after when the fish are stuffed with maggots and im using a fly and after paying to fish it i used to catch some beautiful fish there and also held a record for bout a month :D

I was there that day all the kids were fly fishing by the rules .no maggots where being used . How sad to say that about kids trying the sport for the 1st time . There were people on the day making flys for the kids to use on the lake . i now this because i got a few to use myself .How rude to say that .

• Advertisement

qwe123 wrote: »
    I was there that day all the kids were fly fishing by the rules .no maggots where being used . How sad to say that about kids trying the sport for the 1st time . There were people on the day making flys for the kids to use on the lake . i now this because i got a few to use myself .How rude to say that .
    u obviously werent there because you jus said they tried fishing for first time im not an expert but first timers fishing are giving a fly rod and catching fish straight away your taking the piss secondly i was there and they were usin sweetcorn and maggots as i was beside them thery had ordinary rods with floats and bait so don make an idiot of yourself by sayin you were there when you were not
    the security on that lake is **** everyone uses bait one lad had live minnow on his fly rod one day and i had to stand up to him over it cuz they all afraid to say something there bring back godfrey anyday he had that place perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Desailly

Hang on there for a second dodderangler, you were obviously at a different competition. I can guarantee you that everybody at this particular competition was fly fishing.
    Yes there were young kids who had never tried fly fishing before but were shown how to do it during the day and a few of them managed to catch fish.
    There was no sweetcorn, or maggots used on the day. I dont know what competition you were at but it definitely was not our one...

u obviously werent there because you jus said they tried fishing for first time im not an expert but first timers fishing are giving a fly rod and catching fish straight away your taking the piss secondly i was there and they were usin sweetcorn and maggots as i was beside them thery had ordinary rods with floats and bait so don make an idiot of yourself by sayin you were there when you were not
    the security on that lake is **** everyone uses bait one lad had live minnow on his fly rod one day and i had to stand up to him over it cuz they all afraid to say something there bring back godfrey anyday he had that place perfect

Number 1 yes i was there i helped the kids to fly fish on the day along with about 15 more adults .Number 2 its you who is the idiot cause this day was covered by the papers and two fishing mags with photos of the kids fly fishing and catching fish fool . number 3 bring back gogfrey what mate people like you going around make up lies are better off away for people who have a love for fishing . your just nasty .

Number 1 yes i was there i helped the kids to fly fish on the day along with about 15 more adults .Number 2 its you who is the idiot cause this day was covered by the papers and two fishing mags with photos of the kids fly fishing and catching fish fool . number 3 bring back gogfrey what mate people like you going around make up lies are better off away for people who have a love for fishing . your just nasty .
    There's a difference in loving fishing and bein made an idiot of I spent summers there and I seen what went on with the kids fishing
    U get people like u that think nothing going on when there is I know the people that fished that like we're in same boat as I was as in paying to fish it and trying to catch fish on the fly and gettin near none because the lake was baited and kids using bait all for the cause of a few pictures in a magazine
    Wake up mate

Your a fool
    I dont care how many summers u spent with people in boats you twat .There was no bait used on that day .so if you cant catch fish dont blame the kids you asshole . So if you know the place so well you know that your godfey used to bring kids on to the trout lake .so that makes you the fool that needs to wake up . fact

Your a fool
    I dont care how many summers u spent with people in boats you twat .There was no bait used on that day .so if you cant catch fish dont blame the kids you asshole . So if you know the place so well you know that your godfey used to bring kids on to the trout lake .so that makes you the fool that needs to wake up . fact
    Didn say I spent summer in a boat u moron said bein in same boat it's an expression who's the fool now
    Secondly yeah I've seen them on trout lake usin bait and u just proved my point u muppet
    And so another point was u sayin they came over and gave the kids lessons now I'm alri at fly fishin but took me a lot more than a few poxy mins to even hook first fish
    And if u want t be a twat as u called me I'm sure il see u there one day and il bring me **** fly rod that I don't use and shove it down ur throat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Ah come on lads, cant we just all get on ? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Nah dont!
    a class thread!
    I don't even know what its about anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Thread closed, one user banned.
    Don't be afraid to use the report post button folks, it brings such threads to my attention before they get out of hand and infractions or bans are given.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement