Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving license about to expire

Options
  • 20-06-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

i am learning to drive..my second provisional is about to expire. I have applied for my driving test and have confirmation letter of this..what do i apply for now while i am waiting for my test to come up so i can learn to drive, will the confirmation letter be sufficient to be on the road or is there something else i need to get..thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

the letter will have to be given in with your renewal form for the lisence and you'll get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

thanks...will i get a 3rd provisional then??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

yup, but it will be one of those permit things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

thanks...will i get a 3rd provisional then??
    Of course you will have to be accompanied whilst driving.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

of course..will i get this permit thing in the tax office the day i go in to the office or will i have to wait long for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The same thing happened to me when I was learning to drive. My licence expired the day after I was supposed to do my test (it was cancelled). I just brought my letter from SGS with me to the tax office on the friday and I had my 3rd learners permit by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

You'll be fine if you apply in person. When you apply for your third learner permit you will get a receipt that can be shown if you get stopped. I think they will also make a photocopy of your letter rather than keeping the original - although this practice could vary from office to office.

You should get the permit quite soon after you apply.

Advertisement