Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest memory card compatable with k800i?

• 20-06-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've used a 4GB M2 memory card in my k800i. What is the largest memory you've used in the phone?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The largest I've used is 2GB as I heard mixed reports about 4GB cards working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I have an 8gb card and works fine, when you click the "Phone Status" it will report to have only 4095 MB free, I tested and added over 6gb with no problems, the status was reading correctly the remaining free memory. If you have lots of files it will take a bit longer to load when you start the phone as it looks like it reads/loads all the files at start-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Donners

nava wrote: »
    I have an 8gb card and works fine, when you click the "Phone Status" it will report to have only 4095 MB free, I tested and added over 6gb with no problems, the status was reading correctly the remaining free memory. If you have lots of files it will take a bit longer to load when you start the phone as it looks like it reads/loads all the files at start-up.

I went ahead and got an 8 GB card and it works fine but it doesn't turn off properly some times. I will turn off the phone and it seems to turn off but when I go to turn it on later it opens the shutdown screen and completes the shutdown procedure. This only means that I have to turn it on again. As I said it is only happening sometimes. That plus the long startup time is a small price to pay for an 8 GB memory and not having to carry an Ipod in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

4gb works grand for me

Advertisement