Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Reading Copies

Options
  • 20-06-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I recently received 2 ARCs (Advance Reading Copies), one from a publisher via librarything.com and the other from waterstones.co.uk.

I've gotten a taste for free books now, so I'm wondering if there is any other way of getting ARCs. I'm happy to write reviews in return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

dudara wrote: »
    I recently received 2 ARCs (Advance Reading Copies)

HOW??? :eek:

I'd love some too!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Get a job in a bookshop! We get them sent out all the time from publishers, they just go to whatever staff want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

banjopaul wrote: »
    Get a job in a bookshop! We get them sent out all the time from publishers, they just go to whatever staff want them.

Already in full-time employment so that's not an option.

Haha, well wasn't really a serious suggestion! You'd hardly change jobs just for ARC's!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

banjopaul wrote: »
    Haha, well wasn't really a serious suggestion! You'd hardly change jobs just for ARC's!:D

Though I've always harboured a dream of working in a bookshop since I was a kid. Maybe one day when I make my millions, I'll set up my little independent bookshop and have all the books I want. Oh, and it will have a great café/bar attached as well.

/sigh, dream

• Advertisement

Yeah its great, I am basically still a kid, work in one part-time. And it has a good coffee shop too! Its a big shop, not exactly independent but family owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

dudara wrote: »
    Though I've always harboured a dream of working in a bookshop since I was a kid. Maybe one day when I make my millions, I'll set up my little independent bookshop and have all the books I want. Oh, and it will have a great café/bar attached as well.

/sigh, dream

Everyone has that dream :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Everyone has that dream :D

Well someone has to do it. Why couldn't it be you?
    I'll say that running your own business while rewarding is hell on a stick too.

Advertisement