Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delly m1330 outlet laptop.

• 20-06-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

My laptop has gone bananas a few times when I shut shop without powering down my laptop completely depeltes.
    I purchased the laptop on dell outlet and after receiving it discovered there was no bluetooth. I rang support and they sent a guy out who installed bluetooth on the machine.

Since this was done the problem has started to happen. Basically when the machines goes into sleep mode one part of the laptop is stopping vista from completing the task. http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=180448
    Has anyone else come across this ,also my 65watt charger gets extremely hot when charging 9CELL battery. Sometimes the chargers overheats and stops charging I can only presume it's not capable of charging a 9CELL for a long time.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't know about the bluetooth issue. About the charger, the 65w one will work fine for a 9 cell battery (it just takes longer to charge the battery then the 90w). I used one for a while on my inspiron 9400 (17" screen, pretty power hungry graphics card and a 9 cell battery) and never had a problem. So it's not a problem with the 65w adapter in general, it just sounds like yours is faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

thanks almighty Im happy with the latop. when I power down with power button ,instead of turning the lid it still resumes everything to last position:)
    the problem I'm having with the charger only occurs when the battery completely depletes ,because of the issue.
    Nice laptop and the half price I paid is not really an issue:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just send them an email and they'll probably send you out a new charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How hot are chargers meant to get?

Anyway I have a 90W there new from HP so I had to wonder. I assume its because I was trying to charge a 12 cell battery while I ran a high performance game.. but Ive been wrong before. And the battery can get really hot when you watch an HD movie I've found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Get the most recent bios update from Dells website, and make sure you're using Vista SP1. Either/both of these could fix any problem related to the sleep mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I have the same problem with my Lenovo laptop with regards going into sleep mode. Never found out how to solve it, I just got into the habit of knocking the wireless and bluetooth off before sending it to sleep. If I don't I generally get a bluescreen under the guise of a blackscreen and the comp restarts unknown to me so generally the battery would deplete overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

im using a dell 65 watt charger and it gets hot enough to burn ur hand on when in use,i thought that was normal,also the underneath of the laptop gets hot enough to burn ur hand on when its in use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

delllat wrote: »
    im using a dell 65 watt charger and it gets hot enough to burn ur hand on when in use,i thought that was normal,also the underneath of the laptop gets hot enough to burn ur hand on when its in use

my refurbished charger I got off ebay got hot enough to warp the label on it. but this new one i have doesnt get nearly so hot.

anyway that sounds like it should not be. I'd contact Dell, to be honest. They should send you out a replacement without much fuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

thank you for recommending updating ,laptop seems to work ok now.

fingers crossed

Advertisement