Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

JD Power survey in Germany - Honda tops it again with BMW second

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I wouldn't be getting too excited.

Honda's overall quality rating is the same as BMW's(3 out of 5). BMW's Powertrain quality and Body and Mechanical quality were 4 and 5 versus Honda's 3 for both too. Honda did beat BMW's features and accessories getting 4 to BMW's 3.

Loads of supposedly more reliable brands than BMW get 3 out of 5 as well.

Scion, Toyota's youth brand in the US gets 2 out of 5 overall.

Only Porsche manages 5 out of 5 overall.

Where's the evidence that BMW "struggle"? For everything to do with durability they get 4 out of 5 or better barring the mechanical quality of features and accessories where they get 3 out of 5. They do pretty sh!t in the design alright I admit.

Remember that the JD Power survey is a measure of whether a car lives up to the owners' expectations, and therefore whatever comes first simply means that it lived up to its owners hopes and expectations better than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

copacetic wrote: »
    pretty sure Zube meant it as a joke, and a funny one at that, did ye not hear the whoosh sound?

If it was trying to be a joke, it wasn't in any way funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be getting too excited.

Honda's overall quality rating is the same as BMW's(3 out of 5). BMW's Powertrain quality and Body and Mechanical quality were 4 and 5 versus Honda's 3 for both too. Honda did beat BMW's features and accessories getting 4 to BMW's 3.
    Flip over to the second page and BMW gets pasted. No more than 2 stars under any heading. Honda gets 3, 3, 5 and 3.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MYOB wrote: »
    If it was trying to be a joke, it wasn't in any way funny.

yes it was, I asked did any brand not have rabid and irrational haters on boards and he replied fiat. as we all know they have plenty of irrational haters on boards.

The whoosh sound was the joke going waaayyyy over your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

copacetic wrote: »
    yes it was, I asked did any brand not have rabid and irrational haters on boards and he replied fiat. as we all know they have plenty of irrational haters on boards.

The whoosh sound was the joke going waaayyyy over your head.

I understood what you meant by the whoosh sound.

The point still stands that as a joke, it was absolutely and utterly terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement