Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Student Loan Query

Options
  • 20-06-2008 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Just thinking of getting a student loan as I'm going into first year of college this September. Has anybody any experience with student loans from the credit union? Do I just go in with my guarantor there and then, or what's the story?? Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Yeah it's fairly straightforward as long as you have a few quid in your savings i think. When i went in a few years back they gave me the cheque there and then.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Does anybody else have any further info on the credit union loans? Im also interested in getting one for the same use. How are they repaid? Do i need to have a certain ammount in my account to get one? etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

just wondering about a student loan at the moment, i have insignificant funds in the credit union as i use my bank of ireland account mostly, just wondering what the process is like and what does getting the loan in the credit union depend on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

You need to have savings in your savings account first, so put some in before you apply.. Student loans and first loans usually require an guarantor.

Advertisement