Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fell Off Tonight. Ouch, my Pride is Dented !

Options
  • 21-06-2008 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

The beautiful evening inspired me to go out for a decent ride tonight. I got about 500 metres from my house (which is down a narrow country lane) and the road was blocked by my neighbours herd of cows on their way to milking.

I was so inspired by the evening, the beauty of the countryside around me, being surrounded by nature and the cows whilst out on my bike, that I had a real ' ah isn't this nice' moment.

I found a moment of such inner peace that I even forgot that you need to keep moving to stay upright. So very gracefully and very slowly in the middle of about 70 cows I fell over onto the road as I couldn't get my feet out of the clips fast enough.

Hahaha !!!!

The cows responded to my stupid antics by staging a mini stampede for about 20 yards and then figured that I was probably too dumb to do them any harm and so just stopped and looked at me.

No damage done. I even managed to avoid getting the bike scratched by putting my own body parts between it and the road in time. I then went on to cover around 55km, so all in all a good evening.

I just thought that I'd share this.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

stupid cows, think the own the bloody road, the methane polutting mamafeckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

copacetic wrote: »
    stupid cows, think the own the bloody road, the methane polutting mamafeckers!

Yeah, if its not the taxi or bus drivers then its the feckin cows!

AndyP wrote: »
    Yeah, if its not the taxi or bus drivers then its the feckin cows!

nah, cows are the worst of the lot. can't even get a good argument going with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

To cheap to go to Pamplona, so you stage your own bull run right here in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

If it makes you feel any better, I had my first cleat related fall going at 0mph in the car park at work yesterday.

Was looking round to see where my mudguard was rubbing my back wheel, went to put my left foot down but it was locked in - cue comedy topple, twisted left ankle, skint left elbow and possible fracture in right hand. Luckily I was hidden from public ridicule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Hope your OK, Stuf.

I wasn't hurt, I just banged my left knee a bit and my left wrist was aching for a while afterwards. It was just so funny, it almost seemed surreal, falling over in the middle of a herd of cows....(I'm still pretty much a city boy myself).

I don't even think anybody saw me, just the cows, but I'll probably admit it to my neighbour tonight as I'll probably see him down the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I'm grand thanks - hand doesn't seem to be busted so I'm going to save my visit to swiftcare for another day.
    Thought mine was quite funny too - made me feel quite young - 38 year olds don't fall on concrete enough I think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

nah, cows are the worst of the lot. can't even get a good argument going with them..

You've obviously never met my neighbour

Dun laoire wrote: »
    You've obviously never met my neighbour

moo cows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

moo cows!

pacbike.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement