Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent PCM or every 28 days - do people still do per 28 days?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭

Do any agencies do 28 days in a month or is that just sneaky landlords?

I just hope I remember to look at the lease in my next place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

in my experience its always been per calender month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭worded

Thought so. Could happen someone if they are paying ever week or two weeks and dont realise 52 weeks / 13 "months" of 28 day payments is a shaft of an extra month.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

well, that is catch. Its ur responsibility to check if agreement is weekly/ biweekly or monthly. If wkly, you pay on specific day like evry monday and if monthly you pay on specific date like 7th of evry month.

I never rented an apartment on weekly contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I always ask for calendar month. That's how I get paid and it makes sense to pay the rent that way.

I once moved into a flat where the landlord charged weekly and called in person to collect. I asked if we could arrange for a direct debit per calendar month and he agreed. (weekly charge * 52 / 12). It was the exact same money, just more convenient to pay it that way.

Advertisement