Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5x01 - Search and Rescue, leaked?

• 21-06-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭

Apparently Search and Rescue is appearing on torrent sites, I dunno if this is true or not because I didn't go looking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Wow... certainly seems to be.

thought they would have beefed up security after it happen a few times last year, and with the SG1 movie.

Thankfully the cliff hanger last season sucked, otherwise i'd end up staying up all night watching it :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yup, its downloa..i mean online now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its genuine and complete (including updated title sequence, finished special effects and score, and an interesting cameo before the title sequence....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Solid episode overall. Some good space scenes, some good lines, the
    birth
    was well done. Glad to see they followed through with
    the cliffhanger (implausible as it was to survive the complete collapse of a multistorey building, there was no magic reset button to get them all out again)

The only thing that puzzled me was
    Michael turning around to return to his destroyed compound when he was so close to earth

Otherwise I liked it. A solid 8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Yes, got it and it's genuine. A nice surprise. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ok episode,
    I wonder if the cameo from Ford means that he'll be recurring this season again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Oh wow it's happened again? ouch.

Still it's not THAT far away til it actually airs, but this will probably damage the first episode ratings big time in the states where it usually airs first.

I found it to be a solid episode.

I liked the way digging them out was handled. No quick fix to get them out.

The birth was also a nice surprise. As was the cameo from Rainbow Sun.

Finally Michael did what he does best in escaping in the jumper. I already knew about Piccardo coming onboard so no surprise there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

great episode i must say.

really was a change in pace with this one.
    its pretty obvious that micheal escaped in the jumper but i would like to know how as he doesnt have the ancient gene. also i dont think ford will be back as sheppard said to keller he wont loose another team member if he has a chance not to, which makes me believe that he is gone for good, i wish he wasnt though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Enjoyed this and will go with the standard "solid". I certainly felt that it flowed very well as if the writers, at least in the episode, now have a handle on the characters and their interactions. If this is the standard of this season then it will be something to look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yeah I liked this one. Martin Gero is generally pretty good with the SGA characters and it showed here, with the right balance generally of seriousness and humour (although they could have toned down Rodney's panic in bits). Nice surprise with
    Forde's cameo
    and the ending, even though I knew it was coming, should still provide some interesting opportunities:
    Wolsey also makes far more sense as a base commander

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I thought that was ****ing woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That wasn't such a bad episode, pretty limp for a season opener, but entertaining nonetheless.

Its sad, but It'll take some getting used to going from Battlestar to Atlantis, but I have high hopes for this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 philliecullen

Yeah it was probably a... subdued opener, but I suppose it was hard to inject the sort of pace and such into it given that the Last Man was a slow burner as well.
    It brought about some interesting things...
    the cameo of Rainbow Francks was totally unexpected. Also the fact that that Michael had his hive ship in the solar system. That's like wow..
    It raises many questions. How did he find the location of earth. Better yet, how did he get his battlecruiser back so quick. Remember at the time we learned of the explosion that the Dedalus was a couple of days away. We know from the past that it takes about three weeks for that trip. Not to mention, the Wraith Hives are slower in hyperspace than Ta'uri ships.

We can assume he learned of the ancient gene from Carson. At least thats my take on it.

As for been released early.. it's no major surprise. Sure the same thing happened last year. Although then, weren't there no sound effects to it? But yeah, all the security seems to be on Continuum right now! Not a slither about that!

Nice first post philliecullen, welcome to the forum.

You make some good points there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah it was probably a... subdued opener, but I suppose it was hard to inject the sort of pace and such into it given that the Last Man was a slow burner as well.
    It brought about some interesting things...
    the cameo of Rainbow Francks was totally unexpected. Also the fact that that Michael had his hive ship in the solar system. That's like wow..
    It raises many questions. How did he find the location of earth. Better yet, how did he get his battlecruiser back so quick. Remember at the time we learned of the explosion that the Dedalus was a couple of days away. We know from the past that it takes about three weeks for that trip. Not to mention, the Wraith Hives are slower in hyperspace than Ta'uri ships.

We can assume he learned of the ancient gene from Carson. At least thats my take on it.

As for been released early.. it's no major surprise. Sure the same thing happened last year. Although then, weren't there no sound effects to it? But yeah, all the security seems to be on Continuum right now! Not a slither about that!

i dont know how people think here was in are solar system. where are they getting that idea. also it wasnt a hive ship it was a cruiser so there is not way it could have gotten from earth to there and back again. also there is no way he could have gotten a sub space message from that far away aswell as we know they cant even get it half way from earth to atlantis.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

On a note of pure pretty, I loved the opening shot panning from one planet to
    Michael's spaceship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 philliecullen

Thor wrote: »
    i dont know how people think here was in are solar system. where are they getting that idea. also it wasnt a hive ship it was a cruiser so there is not way it could have gotten from earth to there and back again. also there is no way he could have gotten a sub space message from that far away aswell as we know they cant even get it half way from earth to atlantis.

Well the main reason for my line of thought is:
    We see the camera angle pan out from the planet and out of the Pegasus galaxy, or so it looks at least. Can't see Michael going to any other galaxy apart from the Milky Way. It would probably of help confirmation if it had zoomed into the galaxy from a distance, instead of just starting at the sun.

As for was it/wasn't it Michael's ship. Do we know if Michael has control of more than one hive at this time? We know he is building an army, but we have always seen him in the same ship. Plus it makes sense, to me at least, that it was his because it cut into the scene where he was told. When told about the signal, there was never a mention that it came from another ship. Again though, it's conjuncture and playing off analysing the information placed in front of me!

So that's my line of though. Obviously it's subject to change depending on what learn in the next episodes! Some of us maybe right, but of course, we could be wrong too! Time will tell ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

decent episode, Micheals Hybrids are becoming more believable as enemies, that was micheals ship as Kannan was on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Well the main reason for my line of thought is:
    We see the camera angle pan out from the planet and out of the Pegasus galaxy, or so it looks at least. Can't see Michael going to any other galaxy apart from the Milky Way. It would probably of help confirmation if it had zoomed into the galaxy from a distance, instead of just starting at the sun.

It zoomed out a good bit but just before the camera turned it looked like a gas cloud or collection of stars more than a galaxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No i think it was just effects to show he was somewhere else in the pegasus galaxy,

wraith tech is not advanced enough to allow them to travel at such speeds & also rodney would have noticed any modifacati[ons to the hyper drive but he just said its repairing fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CatInABox wrote: »
    I wonder if the cameo from Ford means that he'll be recurring this season again
    2 pages of spoiler tags? Really?

At least it means he hasnt told the producers to go **** themselves. The guy needed to grow up a bit - I found him to be too immature to play the part he was given in season 1 and 2, to be honest. Might be a good time for a revival though.
    its pretty obvious that micheal escaped in the jumper but i would like to know how as he doesnt have the ancient gene.
    Well c'mon, he cloned Carson Beckett, and created his own breed of hybrid soldiers. I think he could have easilly got his hands on the ATA gene.

Really liked the upgrade they have given to the special effects - it was badly needed. Failed Hyperspace jumps here and F-302 dont look like slow boring bastards anymore. thank goodness.

Now the burning issue: Robert Picardo's uniform! He looked so gay in the Season 4 finale in the standard Atlantis Uniform. Wonder how they'll play that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Fairly solid IMO.
    Shepard's dreams was kinda daunting though. Liked the Ep as a whole but Micheal escaping was a defo, then begs the question - raid the cruiser?
    That chick with the gun was cool, I reckon is going to come into main stream, she had one or two main focus shots and Carter referenced her twice. Hopefully a new character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Overheal wrote: »
    2 pages of spoiler tags? Really?

At least it means he hasnt told the producers to go **** themselves. The guy needed to grow up a bit - I found him to be too immature to play the part he was given in season 1 and 2, to be honest. Might be a good time for a revival though.
    How can you say that?
    How do any of us know what he was like off set?

I thought the episodes story was fairly bland but it had a lot of good scenes as saving grace.
    I'm really hoping Fords cameo is a sign of things to come.

Advertisement