Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned house in Gorey

Options
  • 21-06-2008 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I was just wondering what's the story with the Abandoned red brick house at the entrance to Ardmore estate on the Carnew Road, in Gorey. It looks like a nice house, although could do with a bit of a renovation. I have been living down here a while and never seen anyone living in it.

Anyone know whats up with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it belongs to a local craftsman and is used as a workshop cum machine store. It has never been used as a residence and I think it was provided by the developer in exchange for some land.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Leonard Cohen

Can confirm the account above. The developer needed the entrance to the field behind and arranged to demolish and reconstruct buildings to facilitate this.
    Owner lives very nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Leanan Sidhe

Ah right so thats the story then, thanks for clearing that one up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

It's always a curiousity why some houses you see remain unoccupied or unfinished.
    On the road into New Ross, on your right as you go down Camblin, is a house in a field which is partly built with no windows or roof.
    It's been there for years. Wonder why it was never finished or taken out of it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

There's also that one on the left hand side as you go up the N11 North of Arklow - bungalow with bars on the windows. One day I was passing there was a written sign saying "Help" or some elaboration on same. What's the story there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement