Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread preview ignores spoiler tags!?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I just noticed in the GTA forum that when you hover over a thread title and the yellow preview box shows up, it ignores any spoiler tags in the post. There was a spoiler in the second line of a post but it was shown in all it's glory before I even clicked into the thread.

Is that something at my end? Or maybe something for the admins' to-do list?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It has always been like that. Blame vBulletin I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The only thing to do here is mark a title as "contains spoilers", or what-have-you.

If someone clicks or hovers at that stage, it's a Darwinian matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

milltown wrote: »
    I just noticed in the GTA forum that when you hover over a thread title and the yellow preview box shows up, it ignores any spoiler tags in the post. There was a spoiler in the second line of a post but it was shown in all it's glory before I even clicked into the thread.

Is that something at my end? Or maybe something for the admins' to-do list?

I've been caught out by that as well on more than one occasion, and posted the same in feedback too.

I doubt it would take much to exclude the contents of the spoilers in the thread previews / title attributes, or replace the text with astericks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've started this thread in the feature requests forum.

Advertisement