Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Nerd Collection

Options
  • 21-06-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

When you're into comics and the likes it kinda become a major part of your life, almost consumes it, and I love it! I have so much cool stuff!!

What are the nerdiest things you own?

According to my friends its my green lantern bookends, a big Lantern that splits in two, I love it!

A few other prize possessions are a 1954 Superboy, a 1962 Superboy and a 1964 Batman comic and Star Trek models of the Enterprise D and a Klingon Bird of Prey

You guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ger_1

I tend to spend all my money on the comics. My prized possession is the first Daredevil that Frank Miller did the artwork for. It's not worth a whole lot but I do love it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭alnolan

I aint got nuttin nerdy, I only got cool stuff.

Seriously though, my favourite toy is a red talking Dalek that I bought "for the kids". It resides beside the graphic novels on the top shelf of my bookcase, nice and handy for the kids to play with when they are old enough to master a stepladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I never want to have kids so I will never have to hide why I buy things

I will however be the cool uncle, but there will be "THE FORBIDDEN ROOM!!!" where I house all my cooler stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Nathanual

Mine is the CGC Signature Series Comic which is signed by Stan 'THE MAN' Lee. That and my copy of Mbleh signed and remarked by Bob Byrne himself...

Stephen

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I suppose if signed items count I've got a copy of Mbleh! #1 signed by Bob, a signed copy of Mister Amperduke, a copy of Iron Man vol. 4 #1 signed by Adi Granov, and a copy of Absolute Watchmen signed by Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore. The best one of all isn't actually mine, but was a birthday present for She Who Must Be Obeyed and was a complete set of the Scarlet Traces trilogy signed by Disraeli and Ian Edginton, in which Disraeli got a bit bored at one point and put a pictogram version of the Happy Birthday song in gold marker under his signature. Genius :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well being a transformers fan i suppose i have to mention my armada unicron which i got cause he was in the original film. i just couldnt resist. hes standing atop my stereo system now. along with that its my japanese reissue of predaking thats right in front of me on my computer desk.

they never released the feckers in ireland originally so when i got a chance to get one i leapt at it.

first thing i ever bought on me credit card !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Nathanual

Fysh wrote: »
    She Who Must Be Obeyed

Great Rumpole of the Bailey reference....

I miss that show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

Masterpiece Optimus Prime - sits on my desk and guards my car keys :D

Also Preacher #1, Transmetropoliton #1

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I have an "Art of the Incredibles" book signed by Brad Bird dedicated to Jason Lee. Got it on eBay from America. Paid less that the book would have cost me new here.

I've no way of knowing if it's real but I like to assume it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭livingtargets

well...
    I have Silver Surfer#3 from the 60`s.A few Thor comics from the 60`s as well.A Batman comic signed by Jim Lee.Civil War#1 signed by Steve Mcniven.
    A wolverine comic signed by Chris Claremont.Alice in Sunderland signed by Bryan Talbot.A Simon Bisley sketch.V for Vendetta signed by David Lloyd(With a sketch of V).A load of Irish comics signed (Bob Byrne,Declan Shalvey,Alan Nolan,Rob Curley,Will Sliney,Gerry Hunt,Stephen Mooney,Stephen Thompson,Rufus Dayglo)and a panel from Amperduke.A load of sketches as well,like a Tank Girl by Rufus Dayglo.And an original page from a Batman/Demon comic.
    I`m sure I`ve left out a few bits but that`s the gist of it.
    Damn,I`m a nerd...

Luke F ( http://lukefcomics.blogspot.com/ )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I own every single Iron Man movie action figures, even the stealth and silver centurion armors, which aren't available here! I have a whole shelf of Iron Man toys! And there all still in there original pakaging.
    And I usually don't give in to the whole "variant cover" money grab thing they do, but I got all the variants on the first issue of invincible Iron Man.

I only nerd-out when it comes to Iron Man :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I have a couple of things....

A signed copy of Sin City : The big fat kill...my girlfriend actually got it for me so I think it was her way of giving in to the fact I was never going to grow out of comics.

A copy of Uncanny X-men 350 with the foil cover by Joe Mad. It aint worth much but he has always been my favourite artist.

And lastly an AT-AT walker, I wanted one so much when I was a kid but never got one. Finally when I was 25 I managed to come across one in New York and just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Thats so cool, all that stuff

I have a tonne of signed sketches by the artists I met at the 2007 New York Comic Con

Advertisement