Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issuing Cert. of Compliance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

raindog11 wrote: »
    things change
    As do your posting privileges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

We were recently asked to ensure that the professional qualification of the certifier was included in a recent the opinion of compliance. ... a sign of the times I expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

Good thread. I should have been on this forum years ago.

As this thread is about a year old whats the current situation with Certs of Compliance etc. (especially AIB)?

As the practise I mainly work for is about to go belly up in the next month or so I want to expand my services for the small amount of private work I do.

I've work 10 years as a Civil Eng/Building Technician and the last 10 years as a Arch technician. I recently joind CIAT as an Associate so as to allow me to perform Non Domestic Energy Ratings.

I'm currently working on the CIAT POP record so hopefully MCIAT wont be too far away. Do AIB accept MCIAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Yes for stage payment certificates. Certificates of compliance are normally given to the solicitor who includes them in the title deeds. You will however have to become a profile member so register for the non dom first and you will have to get PI insurance. Best of luck warren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I recently joind CIAT as an Associate so as to allow me to perform Non Domestic Energy Ratings.
    I haven't looked at this in a while as its not relevant to me anymore, but has the requirement of a level 8 degree been dropped to level 7? I was under the impression it was going to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Mellor wrote: »
    I haven't looked at this in a while as its not relevant to me anymore, but has the requirement of a level 8 degree been dropped to level 7? I was under the impression it was going to be

It has and it hasn't. It has if you are an architectural technician and a member of the RIAI as a RIAI(Arch.Tech). SEI have developed a list of Equivalent qualifications. For everyone else in the with level 7 we are out of the loop at present. However CIAT are actively pursuing it for its membership as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

archtech wrote: »
    It has and it hasn't. It has if you are an architectural technician and a member of the RIAI as a RIAI(Arch.Tech). SEI have developed a list of Equivalent qualifications. For everyone else in the with level 7 we are out of the loop at present. However CIAT are actively pursuing it for its membership as we speak.
    They definately are but it most likely will be only for members at MCIAT and possible TCIAT levels as they have done pop records. I still need to finish mine!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ok, on the hush hush... (he says while posting on a public forum ;))

any certs we sign for aib is now appended with my ACIAT cert, and hasnt caused a problem (yet). I am at the beginning stages of my POP record and hope to have obtained MCIAT, or at least TCIAT, before an issue may arise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Warden Dios

Mellor wrote: »

No it hasnt. Even though I work as a Technician I have a Level 9 qulaification, an MSc Architecture: Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies.

Advertisement