Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ectopic

Options
  • 21-06-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I could really do with some advice on this.
    We have one beautiful son aged 6, but since his birth my wife has had three ectopic pregnancies in all and as a result has lost both fallopian tubes. As a result natural conception is out, and so we have been trying IVF with no luck yet (two failed attempts). The problem is that my wife is now on 'the floor' emotionally and sees absolutely no hope. Everything in her life now (in her eyes) is bad and she is so depressed. She has just given up on everything and is a million miles away from the woman I married. I am gutted and try so hard to be there for her and talk through things, but I feel so useless.

Does anyone know of any support groups that may be able to help her through her depression as I seem to have little impact? I know that she needs to see her doctor and that is in hand, but she keeps saying that there is no one she can talk to who can understand.

Personally I am struggling to keep things together, I am more than happy with the one fantastic son we have and can accept that he may be all the children we have. Such is life and I can move on, but my wife is devastated.
    Please any advice . . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭rusalka

Hi Kevin -

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation - it must be devastating for yourself and your wife.:(

There is a national infertility support association called NISIG (National Infertility Support and Information Group) who have meetings and run a support line at 1890 647 444 (Monday - Friday, 7.15pm - 9.15pm). Their website is at www.nisig.ie.

There is also an online support forum at www.irishinfertilitysupportforums.ie where she can talk to people experiencing similar anguish.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.carmichaelcentre.ie/miscarriage-aoi/index.htm
    http://www.miscarriage.ie/

Also who ever you were doing ivf with will have a list of cousellors and may have thier own support group.

The loss of a person's feritliy can hit them hard, esp if they want more children, it can esp to a woman strike to the core of who and what they are and they feel less a woman and less a person and less a wife.

It will take her time to come to terms with this and it sounds as if you are incredibly supportive but you may have to be strong for all of you for some time to come.

Get her to talk to people who can help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Thank you both so very much for the information.
    I will have a look through same and pass on to my wife if it will be of help.
    Once again,
    Thank you !

Advertisement