Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wheel spacers

Options
  • 21-06-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

help needed, ive a 03 citroen xsara with the wrc body kit, the alloys have a 2'' wheel spacer built in to bring it out flush with the wide arches, i've a set of 17'' alloys to go on to it but cant find a big enough spacer to bring them out flush with the arches, any one any advice.

be gentle its my first time posting a thread ;). thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Off with the bold anyway:p... Use two spacers and extra long bolts?? Lol... Have u tried Halfords, it's the only place that i've seens spacers for sale in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

ive been to halfords biggest they have is only 20mm,i need 2 inchs, thanks for replyin

I'll ask a fella tomorrow, will let u know.

thanks lad

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

alloy-wheels.ie do H&R wheel spacers, no doubt they can sort you out.

• Advertisement

ill give them a try thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

2inch, or 50mm, spacers are way too thick. You really shouldn't go more than those 20-25mm for safety / handling reasons, after all it's the wheels that holds you on the road.
    The other option is to combine spacers and offset of the wheels to get them flush with yer arches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

+1

I think that 20mm is the max you can go to. You need to find the offset that your car needs, the offset of the wheels you have on it, the distance you want to come out.

Considering that the offset for your car is probably 35mm and you want to come out 50mm this would leave you with a negative offset (35-50=-15) which is impossible. Also the further you go from the correct offset the more wear on your wheel bearings.

What you'll need to do is get wider alloys, something with a deep dish most probably, to bring them out to the arches.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

get a machine shop to make u custom spacers or else failing tat use 2 25 mil spacers and doubly check all bolts r tight on spacers from time to time as ive seen them come lose before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

you'll make bits of your hubs in no time with spacers that size. Get wheels with the correct offset instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

+1.

50mm of spacers will write off your wheel bearings in no time too.

Law of the lever lads its not difficult to see how all the whole suspension setup will suffer ultimately.

If you do decide to use spacers then you have to use hub centric ones. These have a lip on them so putting two together is impossible.

See here for info: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055208598

lads thanks for help ive a lot of thinking to do,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye as above really, H&R, top stuff, allt he way up tp 100mm / 4incg iirc but as said 50mm is way too wide for spacers imo, will drastically reduce handling. What width are your wheels?

http://www.cituninguk.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1235 if u go here youll c the alloy's that r on the car at present as you'll c there very specfic, i have a normal set of alloys to go on to the car but do not no how to bring them out like ones in pic

just to let u no im gettin the wheels that r on it repaired so no longer need to worry about spacers:D but that leaves me wit a brand new set of alloys for sale. thanks every one for the help

Ah crap, some help i was:o lol. Internet was very slow in last few days and pages weren't loading. I finally got through to him, and he has none lol. I said i've finish what i started hah. Do post pics :D

Advertisement