Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour Correction - HELP

Options
  • 21-06-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    I, like the idiot I am, took some important footage using my camera's auto exposure setting instead of manual and ended up with exposure variations as I panned the shot. Can anyone recommend a good colour corrector to even out the shot - I've got premiere pro and avid liquid at my disposal but color correction isn't my strongest subject. Thanks in advance,
    Reece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

reece wrote: »
    Hi,
    I, like the idiot I am, took some important footage using my camera's auto exposure setting instead of manual and ended up with exposure variations as I panned the shot. Can anyone recommend a good colour corrector to even out the shot - I've got premiere pro and avid liquid at my disposal but color correction isn't my strongest subject. Thanks in advance,
    Reece

never heard of avid liquid but if does it have a color correction toolset (in top panel, go into toolset>should be an option for color correction. if there is i can help. dead easy when you know how, but like everything on avid its not instinctive.

ok, here goes. if liquid is like most avid programmes, then one of the best functions in colour correction is the remap white function. basically you go into colour correction mode, as below, and select hue offsets, select the eydropper tool beside one of the hue wheels as in below pic, ive circled where youve to click to get the eyedropper, and drawn a crude drawing of the eyedropper over an area of white in the pic labbeled "current"

basically, that should remap all the colours from white. try use the three hue wheels to see which gives the best results. as you can see below, the pic is much closer to natural light. and you can see the hue correction in the middle wheel below the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

sweet thanks for that - I'll give it a go tonight. Tried in vain last night with Premiere Pro but fingers crossed. Thanks again for the advice

Advertisement