Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty World at War trailer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I think it'll be good

Hopefully Treyarch will realise their mistakes they made in COD3 and taken some pointers from COD4

Isnt COD5 using the COD4 engine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Not impressed by that trailer at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

it probably will be good, but eh... another WW2 game, in my opinion they've had their day, it should of been set in modern day again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's looks alright, Hopefully, we will get to use flamethrowers online :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I've always thought the pacific has never been given enough attention from the medal of honour/call of duty series, the two medal of honour games that were set in the pacific ended on cliffhangers and havent been given sequels to date :/

I'm hoping for some new game dynamics, I want to see bonzai charges, enemies pretending to be dead but then they pull a grenade as you walk by, Japanese officers charging you with a samurai sword and flame throwers please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah that was meh.

I knew we wouldnt get gameplay, but i was dissappointed we got generic WW2 "Sneaking-in-silence-before-someone-gets-set-on-fire-and-everything-blows-up" sort of thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

world war 2 yet again *snores*
    I'll buy it once it go's into the 20 euro bargain bins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ciano1 wrote: »
    Isnt COD5 using the COD4 engine ?

It sure is...

It looks good, i'm a bit tired of the whole WWII buzz as well but this looks like a slightly new angle (slightly!) I just like games where i get to shoot/blow things up so i'm fairly easy to please.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

They are using the same sort of levelling up system as CoD4 for the multplayer. Should give it some sort of longetivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

brennaldo wrote: »
    it probably will be good, but eh... another WW2 game, in my opinion they've had their day, it should of been set in modern day again
    The CoD games are made by two different teams. The team that made CoD3 is making this and the team that made CoD4 are working atm on a new Modern Warfare game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I reckon this going to be good, I liked 3 I really didnt see what was wrong with it..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nebur

I'll admit the trailer was very generic but I'm still excited to see the war on the pacific. Plus, with 4-player co-op, this isn't just another WWII game. As was said before, I'm hoping Treyarch get their **** together and take a few pointers from CoD4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

I don't understand why they went backwards after the hit cod4 was.I'm sick of ww2 to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Rascal77 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they went backwards after the hit cod4 was.I'm sick of ww2 to be honest.

Treyarch said in an interview the other day that they were CoD World at War for over 2 years so that they are "not going backwards".

Personally I think that the worst thing about this game is going to be Vehicles in multiplayer, I mean the fact you couldnt control any of them in CoD4 was one of the reasons it was so popular online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dazftw wrote: »
    I reckon this going to be good, I liked 3 I really didnt see what was wrong with it..

It was grand imo apart from several annoying issues with trying to shoot round or over things, i'd be aiming over a wall say, but the bullets kept getting stopped by an invisible barrier..... did you ever get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

As much as I'm sick of the WWII setting in games, I'm still pretty damn excited by this :D

Advertisement