Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completing challenges

• 21-06-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Has anybody completed all the challenges?
    Has anyone seen a golden sniper rifle? I haven't.
    When the hell am I going to kill an enemy by shooting an explosive device through a wall?

Me, I've completed almost all of them and am near to earning the golden assault and heavy machine gun. I've just got to kill 2 enemies with a single sniper shot (sounds handy enough - I just never snipe), kill 2 enemies while airborne (should be easy if I actually try), kill another couple of enemies by blowing up there own C4 (hard - nobody bloody uses C4), kill an enemy by shooting an explosive device through a wall (hard - hopefully fluke it) and thats it. Am delighted that I just completed the "kill the top enemy player 10 times" challenge a minute ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I'm in the same boat as you, i'v shunned any further prestiges in favour of completing all the challenges.

Highly time-intensive headshot challenges aside, I'v completed nearly all them. I'l never forget how shocked I was when I got the "kill top player 10 times award"! The sniper shot one isn't massively difficult if you use the barret and find a chokepoint. The explosive-through-wall I haven't completed, but my guess would be to use an LMG with deep impact and go around spraying the walls of camping spots.

No idea how to kill two enemies while airborne, like wtf? In one jump/fall?

Meanwhile, working away at the headshot challenges.. Have red tiger in most of my favourite weapons now which is saddening cause I feel like I cant use them now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Its got to be a streak of two kills while airborne so a kill in two separate jumps will do - I hope. Otherwise its a bit tougher.
    I guess you're right about he LMG and deep impact around a choke point. Hopefully that would knock that challenge off the list.
    I've got the 150 kills with every gun, 150 headshots with almost every gun - its a pain in the ass kind of because frag kills and regular kills count for nothing now really.
    The challenge I was most surprised to complete is that one where you have to go to flashing red five times in a row (I think) and survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I got everything about 2 months ago and haven't really played the game since.
    All the gold weapons are pointless, the only one i would use is the ak, but i used to play hardcore so no need for it there.
    I suppose it gave some objective to the game going for only headshots.
    I got the golden ak about three weeks after the game came out, i thought it was such a waste of time i said i would just leave the other gold weapons and just play the game, which i did, for a while.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

the other day i was playing showdown, running up the steps and spraying at some guy with a scorpion, i killed him and then all these challenges came up

I actually shot his c4 through the step (how the ? challenge) which killed him and blew up his claymore (counter claymore challenge)
    his claymore blew up some other douche (domino effect challenge)

.....and then his martyrdom fragged me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

When the hell am I going to kill an enemy by shooting an explosive device through a wall?
    I did it on Saturday :) Although I think it was a glitch...more later.
    Chris89 wrote: »
    the other day i was playing showdown, running up the steps and spraying at some guy with a scorpion, i killed him and then all these challenges came up

I actually shot his c4 through the step (how the ? challenge) which killed him and blew up his claymore (counter claymore challenge)

That is uncannily similar to how I completed the How the ? challenge. I was on Bloc and someone had just layed a claymore outside one of the external stairways. I saw him, shot him with an RPD LMG and the bullets went through him and hit the claymore, which killed him...somehow the act of the bullet going through the soldier seems to trigger the "through a wall" protocol and then that got him.

Like Chris89, I also completed the counter claymore and domino challenge...! Although I was not killed by martyrdom, I just had flashing red around the screen for a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I only got cruelty by a stroke of luck yesterday. Headquarters on shipment and was having a good streak with an MP5 but ran out of ammo just as I killed this guy so picked up the heavy machine gun he had. Ran around the corner, bloke running towards me to stab me but I shot him first and it turned out to be the same guy who I had just killed previously and took his weapon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Poker Ace

Go on a cage match and ask the other person do they want to do chllanges, 90% of the time they will say yes. Then tell them what you want them to do and thell let yo u do it. Like plant a C4 beside you and ill shoot it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

One challenge which doesn't seem to be moving for me at all is "Team Player III". It's stuck at 28/30 for God knows how long.

Does anyone know how to achieve this? Do I have to top the list on my team (thought that was MVP)? Do I have to choose the same team a few times in a row or for the full cycle of maps on a server or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Poker Ace wrote: »
    Go on a cage match and ask the other person do they want to do chllanges, 90% of the time they will say yes. Then tell them what you want them to do and thell let yo u do it. Like plant a C4 beside you and ill shoot it...

That's the lame ass way of doing it, kind of defeats the purpose of them being called "challenges" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Who cares tbh. I've completed most of them at this stage just by pure luck through regular playing but I'm not gonna actively try to get the leftover ones done.

As for gold weapons, well i should have the gold LMG soon enough but thats only because I like using them the most.

I really don't see the point of playing the game using weapons you don't like just to complete a challenge or get a gold gun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Poker Ace wrote: »

Why bother, seriously ?
    It's all part of the fun just getting them accidentally like I've done, I couldn't be bothered going out of my way to get them when I play a game, I just enjoy it and if I get them, I get them.
    Pimping your challenges is as bad as when you join a Halo game online and everyone is just standing around taking turns killing each other for head shots etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

If you google the two kills while airborne you'll see how to do it easily. You can stand on one of the balconies on Bloc and it counts as you being airborne.
    On a side note can anyone confirm something for me. Is there a bug that if you're speccing someone and they complete a challenge that you haven't completed it will be complete for you?
    I'm 90% sure this happened to me. I died and it was search and destroy or something so I was dead for the rest of the round and the guy I was speccing did the what the ??? challenge and it completed for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Chris89 wrote: »

Cool.

I have found servers where two online players have spent hours shooting each other in the head with different guns and setting up explosives etc trying to beat the challange system.

Myself and another player arrived and asked what they were doing . They explained so we started to shoot the pair of them with body shots and wrecked their attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

pirelli wrote: »
    Myself and another player arrived and asked what they were doing . They explained so we started to shoot the pair of them with body shots and wrecked their attempt.
    Nasty! But fully legal if you ask me! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

There were clans who set up passworded servers and just started getting headshots, points and the alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I've seen this too, the two offenders had the same name and it was on shipment, I asked what was going on and they left. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I got everything about 2 months ago and haven't really played the game since.
    All the gold weapons are pointless, the only one i would use is the ak, but i used to play hardcore so no need for it there.
    I suppose it gave some objective to the game going for only headshots.
    I got the golden ak about three weeks after the game came out, i thought it was such a waste of time i said i would just leave the other gold weapons and just play the game, which i did, for a while.....

Same as. Got 100% (Weapons/Challenges) after 2 or 3 months, havent played it since. Team Fortress 2 FTW. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

I was doing really well with the challenges till the game was patched to 1.7. The update wiped my profile and after googling the problem it seems to have happened to a fair few people. For some reason I get a bit more fun out of killing players with gold guns. There probably should be a challenge related to killing all the players on the map using golden guns, maybe I can add it to my wishlist for version 1.8 of CoD4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Where's the best place/situation to complete "Get a 2 kill streak while airborne"? Its the only challenge I need to complete (except I need to kill 2 more enemies by shooting a claymore).
    Any good advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Read this thread. Specifically my post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

pirelli wrote: »
    Cool.

I have found servers where two online players have spent hours shooting each other in the head with different guns and setting up explosives etc trying to beat the challange system.

They must have been looking to get the Kicked from Clan Challenge too.

Advertisement