Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I start a thread on the Waterford forum...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Your first thread was locked because it looked like spam and was descending into a slagging match (which you were partly to blame for).

You're other threads were questioning a mod's decision. That's for feedback, helpdesk or PM so they were locked and you were banned (probably for twice questioning a mod in the wrong place).

Your tone and attitude seems pretty confrontational too. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lol. That is all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Finally. How many times do you have to be told where to go with these topics? Ban upgraded to a month for continuously ignoring my requests.

This Thread was closed because it wasn't going anywhere. People didn't like the thread and were calling you a spammer/blatant advertising etc. I didn't really agree, and asked for other mods to review the thread and decide what course of action I should take. In the end, I closed it due to that response to the other posters in the thread. No need to start an argument about Waterford people lad, its just going to end up in a flamewar with everyone at each others throats.

This Thread was closed because it was again bitching at the Waterford People and insulting ("Get a Life"). The thread title served little purpose to the thread as it had very little to do with me. But that bit at the start that did, was for Feedback and not for the Waterford Forum. It got locked and I stated clearly in the thread why. It was that simple.

This Thread was a repeat of the other two threads, where I asked you to stop. You didnt stop and decided to post your comments anyway. You got banned, initaly for two weeks to calm down. A PM was sent to you about the ban.

This Thread was yet again ANOTHER ****ing retarded topic. Again, ignored all my warnings and messages. Somehow the ban didnt apply the last time and you got to post again. Ban increased to one month.

Have some cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

the only problem is Sully seems to do this all the time, no one can catch a break in that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

the only problem is Sully seems to do this all the time, no one can catch a break in that forum.
    not_again_cat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you read the charter and general Boards rules, there would be no banning or topic closures. If you ignore the instructions from a mod continuously, who is generous not to ban those who breach the charter/board rules instantly, expect to get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

how dare you shoulderchip, how dare you have an opinion. you do know if your opinion conflicts with that of the moderator its automatically wrong, dont you? not just a difference of opinion

longshanks wrote: »
    how dare you shoulderchip, how dare you have an opinion. you do know if your opinion conflicts with that of the moderator its automatically wrong, dont you? not just a difference of opinion

Well said shanks, well said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

Ok...so basically don't say anything bad about waterford people or you'll be banned. (By the way, I'm born and bred in waterford)

First thread was closed because of other people's reaction to it - How does that make any sense, and why is it my fault? They accused me of spamming - I wasn't. Regardless, it was locked.

I started another thread to try and get some answers because seriously, how fair was it. I understand that if you question the all powerful mods people won't like you and you'll be fighting a losing battle...but hey, I'll carry on regardless. OF course that was locked too because people didn't like what i was saying about waterford. So, another lock.

I genuinely wanted to have a discussion about this topic so I started another thread which I thought would be fine and get some debate going. Guess what, locked.

So at this point I'm banned for commiting these heinous crimes...but I was confused and I genuinely wanted to know how to start a thread on this subject without it being locked. I pm'd you and got no response (or replied to the infraction, I dunno if you get them or not, I presume you do) So for some assistance I asked how I could go about starting a thread on this subject without it being locked. Well that was locked too and my ban has been upgraded to a month because I finally went to feedback (like you had been asking me to)

Curious.

Ok...so basically don't say anything bad about waterford people or you'll be banned. (By the way, I'm born and bred in waterford)

There are ways and means of approaching such topics, you didn't approach it appropriately at all.
    First thread was closed because of other people's reaction to it - How does that make any sense, and why is it my fault? They accused me of spamming - I wasn't. Regardless, it was locked.

I never accused you of spamming - I don't think you did spam. It was closed for a different reason altogether. See my response earlier.
    I started another thread to try and get some answers because seriously, how fair was it. I understand that if you question the all powerful mods people won't like you and you'll be fighting a losing battle...but hey, I'll carry on regardless. OF course that was locked too because people didn't like what i was saying about waterford. So, another lock.

It was locked for a reason : Such topics go to FEEDBACK! But, being a nice person I am I just said to go to feedback and left you be.
    I genuinely wanted to have a discussion about this topic so I started another thread which I thought would be fine and get some debate going. Guess what, locked.

So, "Ah **** the rules of how the site works, Ill do what I want and when I want"? Topic locked for same reason as the previous topic. See above.
    So at this point I'm banned for commiting these heinous crimes...but I was confused and I genuinely wanted to know how to start a thread on this subject without it being locked.

Well if you took note, I told you twice how to create such a topic. You didn't. Wtf do you want me to do?
    I pm'd you and got no response (or replied to the infraction, I dunno if you get them or not, I presume you do)

No PM as of yet anyway.
    So for some assistance I asked how I could go about starting a thread on this subject without it being locked. Well that was locked too and my ban has been upgraded to a month because I finally went to feedback (like you had been asking me to)

Curious.

The thread that got you banned for a month was the same as the rest of the topics that I closed on you. You ignore each and every post where I told you to go create the topic and as a result got a two week ban upgraded to a month.

• Advertisement

how dare you stinger-bar, how dare you have an opinion. you do know if your opinion conflicts with that of the moderator its automatically wrong, dont you? not just a difference of opinion
    _____

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Sherifu wrote: »
    not_again_cat.jpg

+1

Methinks my join date and post count may have a lot to do with this lack of tolerance by the mod. Anyway, I think it's obvious for everyone to see what went on here so I'll leave it at that.

Methinks my join date and post count may have a lot to do with this lack of tolerance by the mod.

Honestly, wtf are you on about? Your post count and join date hasn't came into any of my reasons for banning you at all. If you were here since the site was created and had the highest post count on boards you would still have been banned. On any forum for that matter.
    Anyway, I think it's obvious for everyone to see what went on here so I'll leave it at that.

Thank You.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh no not another sully bashing thread. How many more of these are there going to be. In fairness, it clearly looks like you were banned for having an opinion ok.

yes, in waterford we are told what our opinions are. saves us the bother of thinking

Please enlighten me as to what opinions I banned people for having? Please? As yet, nobody has ever managed to backup that claim. Ever.

Stinger bar went off on one about disliking Waterford as a place, which he is quite entitled to do, his opinion and all of that. Because his opinions offended a few people his thread was locked which in turn led to him getting warnings from you and then that lead to his banning.

Stinger is more then entitled to express his opinions and being honest, I agree with a lot of what he said in that topic. The problem is, the way he said it. He was pissed of with people calling him a spammer and created that post and those topics as a delibrate attempt to piss people of and start an argument. Hence the term "flamebait".

If he just stood back and complained about it in Feedback (about the moderation and not being permitted to "express an opinion") there would have been no ban. He went on and on without getting banned, then he was banned for a very short while but kept it up and got the ban increased to a month.

Ban deserved. Opinion expressed still there, but closed as it was delibrate attempt to start an argument over people from Waterford who called him a spammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sully wrote: »
    Stinger is more then entitled to express his opinions and being honest, I agree with a lot of what he said in that topic. The problem is, the way he said it. He was pissed of with people calling him a spammer and created that post and those topics as a delibrate attempt to piss people of and start an argument. Hence the term "flamebait".

That's how I read it anyway.

Poor Sully, they just won't leave ya alone :(

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    That's how I read it anyway.

Poor Sully, they just won't leave ya alone :(

hey its very hard to take from our point of view too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What the fuck is it with ye Deise malcontents?

The guy was told to take a feedback issue to, um, Feedback, and because he didn't he got a ban.

I was one of the mods who recommended this course of action.

stinger-bar may be a dick, or he may be the soundest bloke going. I don't know.

What I do know is, he acted the dick on both that thread and subsequent ones, and he 'aint the first to do so on that bloody forum.

Therefore, it was time to draw a line in the sand.

If you people want a mature and commonsense place to discuss regional issues, for the love of fuck cop yourselves on and behave like adults.

If you don't, then try and get over the trauma of having your access to an internet forum removed.

Google contact info for the Samaritans if you have to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stinger-bar,I think you need to relax and come back to the forum with a clear head when your ban is up.The world nor Boards.ie are not against you,to me looking at it you reacted badly to been called a spammer.

Your thread bitching about Waterford and its People may make a good thread but its not a great idea to start it straight after a thread of yours is closed were it looks like you were spamming.This is trolling and what do you think Sully is going to do only close the thread.

I would have to agree with you Dub13 on the thread about "Waterford compared to other counties" It has the potential to be a decent enough thread. Would it be posible to get it reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I would have to agree with you Dub13 on the thread about "Waterford compared to other counties" It has the potential to be a decent enough thread. Would it be posible to get it reopened.

+1

Aquos76 wrote: »

+1

To be honest Dub, no matter when I would have started it, it would have been closed. It's very easy to seem like you have an attitude problem on this forum because let's face it, the odds are against you from the start. Look at all the above, the threads and the closures etc - and a month ban? Does it make sense to you or anyone? Conversations and debate need to be allowed to rise to a certain level of heat, otherwise they're just moderated to the point of boredom.

I remember taking part in a similar competition to battle of the businesses in Wexford last year, a midweek thing, and I remember thinking how hard it would be to make something like that work in the midweek ghost town that is waterford. Of course I was annoyed at being called a spammer, but as well as that there was the typical begrudging comments that annoyed me in the first place....students gone, how cheeky of masons to try and drum up some other business. To be honest, apart from the obvious benefits it would have for masons, I think they're doing a good thing for the town...we need mroe visitors to leave and talk about the good and exciting time they had in Waterford.

Anyway, this is feedback so I guess I shouldn't be talking about that here. I annoyed the mod because I acted like someone that a mod should probably ban, and let's face it, Sully is the weakest mod on these boards so constant closures and bans were inevitable.

To be honest Dub, no matter when I would have started it, it would have been closed. It's very easy to seem like you have an attitude problem on this forum because let's face it, the odds are against you from the start. Look at all the above, the threads and the closures etc - and a month ban? Does it make sense to you or anyone? Conversations and debate need to be allowed to rise to a certain level of heat, otherwise they're just moderated to the point of boredom.

I remember taking part in a similar competition to battle of the businesses in Wexford last year, a midweek thing, and I remember thinking how hard it would be to make something like that work in the midweek ghost town that is waterford. Of course I was annoyed at being called a spammer, but as well as that there was the typical begrudging comments that annoyed me in the first place....students gone, how cheeky of masons to try and drum up some other business. To be honest, apart from the obvious benefits it would have for masons, I think they're doing a good thing for the town...we need mroe visitors to leave and talk about the good and exciting time they had in Waterford.

Anyway, this is feedback so I guess I shouldn't be talking about that here. I annoyed the mod because I acted like someone that a mod should probably ban, and let's face it, Sully is the weakest mod on these boards so constant closures and bans were inevitable.

you acted like a prat - so you can't complain now.

next time don't post like a dick and you won't get banned.

i don't think I acted like a prick or posted like a dick...that's just your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

i don't think I acted like a prick or posted like a dick...that's just your opinion.

It's my opinion too. I don't think you are a dick fwiw.

Advertisement