Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I start a thread on the Waterford forum...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

Well that's more than two people who think that I acted like a prick so if I did it was definitely a heat of the moment thing and I can only apologise for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

the only problem is Sully seems to do this all the time, no one can catch a break in that forum.
    You wouldn't be the first person to criticise Sully for being heavy handed.
    longshanks wrote: »
    yes, in waterford we are told what our opinions are. saves us the bother of thinking
    See, whats the problem, it makes life easier for everyone :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You wouldn't be the first person to criticise Sully for being heavy handed.

Nor will he be the last. Nobody likes rules being enforced - and they complain when they are, and then when there not. We cant keep everyone happy!

Only a small few complaints have been issued about me, and I think each and everyone has been solved sucesfully.

Stinger-bar; Im prepared to reduce the ban back to two weeks on the basis of that apology and agreement to stick to the site and forum rules. Ill re-open the topic on Waterford if nobody has objections. Hows that? :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    Stinger-bar; Im prepared to reduce the ban back to two weeks on the basis of that apology and agreement to stick to the site and forum rules. Ill re-open the topic on Waterford if nobody has objections. Hows that? :)

Thats fair enough from you Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

emot-slick.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Nice one Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

I think thats very fair. And I'm sure shoulderchip will feel the same way.:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just to clarify, shoulderchips ban is only (and was only) a week. It still stands. I dont think his topic had any "heat of the moment" with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I think it's fair enough to make a compromise like that... Good decision.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just to clarify, shoulderchips ban is only (and was only) a week. It still stands. I dont think his topic had any "heat of the moment" with it. :)

• Advertisement

I've had my say on the matter. I still believe that a month's ban is just plain silly. But you should open up the debate on the forum, even though I won't be able to comment on it I'd still be interested in reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stinger-bar

Dude take your ban and take a deep breath.
    Don't go antagonizing mods by opening multiple threads on the same topic.
    If a thread gets de railed give it a break and try again like a week or two later.

Seriously you lot in the waterford forum should be counting your blessing I don't mot that place.
    Actually sully if you ever need a hand....

I've had my say on the matter. I still believe that a month's ban is just plain silly. But you should open up the debate on the forum, even though I won't be able to comment on it I'd still be interested in reading it.

It wouldn't have been a month if you hadn't made it worse :) But never mind that, have you read this post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56322860&postcount=34

Balls in your court mate. :)

I have absolutley nothing to apologise to you about Sully. I think you're power mad and a tad sad as well. I don't want to post on a forum that has a moderator like that.

good day to ya.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have absolutley nothing to apologise to you about Sully. I think you're power mad and a tad sad as well. I don't want to post on a forum that has a moderator like that.

good day to ya.

I am now banning you from the forum,and I am not sure for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

well he doesn't want to post there so i doubt he cares how long it is dub13.

well he doesn't want to post there so i doubt he cares how long it is dub13.

Well he will not be able to post there so we are all happy.I will have my eye out for a re reg account as well.

good day to ya.
    As you wish. :)

Dub13 wrote: »
    Well he will not be able to post there so we are all happy.I will have my eye out for a re reg account as well.

lol How powerful you are sir. Look at all those big forums you mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

right maybe he is a troll after all, he can't let this go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

javaboy wrote: »
    It's my opinion too. I don't think you are a dick fwiw.
    right maybe he is a troll after all, he can't let this go.

Agreed ShoulderChip. I also retract one of the statements from my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

maybe he is a troll after all
    5n23r3lzljji088qbv28.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

good day to ya.
    Well why not come up and post in the Donegal forum and you would have me as a moderator. Im quite a nice guy and Im sure we will get on well together but............if you act the prick like you did in the Waterford forum then I can guarantee you would get a much lengthier ban that what Sully give you.

You should be grateful mate instead of spiteful

muffler wrote: »
    Well why not come up and post in the Donegal forum and you would have me as a moderator. Im quite a nice guy and Im sure we will get on well together but............if you act the prick like you did in the Waterford forum then I can guarantee you would get a much lengthier ban that what Sully give you.

You should be grateful mate instead of spiteful

lol Do you hear yourself buddy?

It's amazing how quickly genuinely decent people can turn into pricks when faced with Boards.ie moderators.

Don't worry *buddy*. I hear ya!

He is banned from all region forums so cant post on the Donegal forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

It's amazing how quickly genuinely decent people can turn into pricks when faced with Boards.ie moderators.

Just leave it go will you, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourself.
    imo sully did the right thing, when you're banned,take it and leave it at that. You dont have freedom of speech here, its simply a luxury afforded to you by the owners of boards.ie

now it's time to start a thread like:

"How can I start a thread on the Region category"

Be the man stinger-bar - start a new thread to moan in!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fuck that. I was trying to meet my monthly quota ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

nevf wrote: »
    now it's time to start a thread like:

"How can I start a thread on the Region category"

Be the man stinger-bar - start a new thread to moan in!

No I think it will be a new direction. Maybe he'll try the "How come all the mods stick together?" angle. That hasn't been done in a while.

Advertisement