Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Business to being properly registered

Options
  • 21-06-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Ok, just looking for everyone's opinion on this.

Been selling a few things via eBay over the past few weeks, it's basically items which I've purchased over the last few years and never used so decided after Christmas that I was going to begin a clear out.

I never considered any tax implications or anything of the like, however, the other day my Paypal account went over a certain limit.
    Now I was still allowed to operate from it but had to provide some information to Paypal, one of which was a Company and VAT number.

So now, the idea is in my head. I enjoy selling items on-line (even though I'm in full-time employment), what are the procedures for going ahead with setting this up. Obviously, I don't have a massive turnover but for legality reason I should really be reporting any profit.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

You don't really have many major obligations. If you reach the VAT cut-off point for registration (sorry, can't remember off the top of my head what it is), you will have to register for it. If you are trading under a name other than your own, you should by right register the business name with the CRO (Form RBN1 online).

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Interested in doing something like that myself with golf related products, i.e. clothing, clubs, etc.. but if you don't have a physical premises it's very difficult to get suppliers to deal with you. It's a catch 22 situation for me as I don't want the hassle and expense of a premises and just want to sell at good prices regularly online.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Woodgate wrote: »
    Interested in doing something like that myself with golf related products, i.e. clothing, clubs, etc.. but if you don't have a physical premises it's very difficult to get suppliers to deal with you. It's a catch 22 situation for me as I don't want the hassle and expense of a premises and just want to sell at good prices regularly online.

What did you do to get in contact with suppliers? Can you not just say you have a premise and use your house address? ;)

Advertisement