Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapishares new security measures..wtf??

Options
  • 21-06-2008 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Ok....Ive seen alot of these on various forms but rapidshare are taking the piss!

Im not a registered user.....so I just download anything under 100mb that they allow you...but the security measure they have?

a few numbers and letters...its asks you just to enter those that have a symbol...etc on them...

today..it asked me to enter in just the letters with a cat on them?...

you cannot for the life of you make out if its a cat or a dog...bird or a plane!..

Ive been redoing the same download for over 10 mins now.....

anyone else seen how unbelievably un-userfriendly it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

That's interesting.

Is this because people have cracked the usual illegible codes with grids, slashes and lines in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

di11on wrote: »
    That's interesting.

Is this because people have cracked the usual illegible codes with grids, slashes and lines in the background?

When I was investigating those before it turned out ... that some bots had a better chance of getting them right first time than humans had :D (this was a few years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Interesting... I'm sure there's people out there with nothing better to do than trying to crack those things just for the sake of it.

The most frustrating thing I find is when they don't say up front wheather or not the code is case sensitive.

Advertisement