Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

placement of water meter

Options
  • 21-06-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

ok if this is the wrong place I apologise but it has to do with mains water so I thought that this was place.

a boundary between our neighbours land and our land is a road. The water meter for the neighbours land is on our side of the road quiet far in on the boundary ditch.

Is there any reason that the neighbours water meter would be on our side of the road?

this question arises as the the neighbour in question is a bit of a gob****e and has dug into the boundary ditch to make himself a bit of a parking space on what could be termed 'our' side of the road. the water meter is in this parking area. it's annoying.

Comments

Meters are usually fitted the "public" side of any boundary fence/wall to enable them to be read without accessing the property.

If that parking area is your "private property" and you don't want it there, ask the council to shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You probably own to the centre of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Thanks for that guys. victor yeah I heard that somewhere else as well.

Advertisement