Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaky Laguna

Options
  • 21-06-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Firstly I hope in the right place to post this if not sorry in advance!!

Anyway I have a 01 Laguna (new model) and recently I noticed that the floor on the passenger side is soaking wet!!!!!:confused::rolleyes::confused: It was dry for ages but when it rained heavlily last (live in waterford) the floor was drownded this morning. Has anyone any suggestions as to what this might be??? And if so does anyone know much it will cost to get fixed???

Thanks for help.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anyway I have a 01 Laguna (new model) and recently I noticed that the floor on the passenger side is soaking wet!!!!!:confused::rolleyes::confused: It was dry for ages but when it rained heavlily last (live in waterford) the floor was drownded this morning. Has anyone any suggestions as to what this might be??? And if so does anyone know much it will cost to get fixed???

This would probably get a better response in it's own thread, but it could be the seal around the passenger window that has gone? Or is there a sunroof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You really should start your own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

not to familiar with renaults (as i tend to run them from the garage at first sight) so im not too familiar with the position of the pollen filter, but if its in the same location as most (glove box area) check that its not stuffed to the gills. Ive come across it before (mainly on vw's that a slight water leak into the bulk head gets stopped from going anywhere by a blocked pollen filter, and works its way into the car. other possible option is if u have aircon, the leak off pipe could be blocked or a problem withe the internal heater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

This would probably get a better response in it's own thread, but it could be the seal around the passenger window that has gone? Or is there a sunroof?

could be both to be honest, get a bottle of water and run it over the seals, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

new thread created

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Joe Malone

i would love to know the answer to this one - same thing happened to my 2003 one, same place, about 3 years ago (got rid there and then). renault garage couldn't find any leak. That pollen filter issue sounds plausible though

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

My dad has an opel omega that this has happened to twice. It was due to the part where water drains off the windscreen is channelled to a kind of a hopper and then let onto the ground. Sorry for lack of proper terms! Basically this hopper was clogged with leaves/dirt and filled up and overflowed into the footwell. Could be something similar with the Laguna, pop the bonnet and have a look around. You might find it handy enough or it could be hidden well. Either way, once you have found it, get someone with small hands to poke around it and pull dirt our until you hear water hitting the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

Joe Malone wrote: »
    i would love to know the answer to this one - same thing happened to my 2003 one, same place, about 3 years ago (got rid there and then). renault garage couldn't find any leak. That pollen filter issue sounds plausible though

I dont like the idea of getting rid of it.........by this i mean it sounds to dear to get it fixed????? :rolleyes:

I no there was a problem with the window a while ago it kept falling out of the socket or whatever its connected to when it was going up.........would it be possible then that a seal may have dislodged or even damaged when it was been fixed????:rolleyes: Air. con never used. Checked under bonnet as well and looks fairly clean!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I no there was a problem with the window a while ago it kept falling out of the socket or whatever its connected to when it was going up.........would it be possible then that a seal may have dislodged or even damaged when it was been fixed????:rolleyes: Air. con never used. Checked under bonnet as well and looks fairly clean!:cool:

There shouldnt have been a need to take the door seal off when taking off the door card but then again some people do strange things when doing jobs. Might well be unrealted.

I've known a couple of Focus' (focii?:)) and 3 iirc Passats to have the same water issues as above from the people I know. It's been realted to drainage and pollen filters in each case afaik.

It's not really a big job and is often a diy job if your that way inclined.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    There shouldnt have been a need to take the door seal off when taking off the door card but then again some people do strange things when doing jobs. Might well be unrealted.

I've known a couple of Focus' (focii?:)) and 3 iirc Passats to have the same water issues as above from the people I know. It's been realted to drainage and pollen filters in each case afaik.

It's not really a big job and is often a diy job if your that way inclined.

ye this solution seems to be appearing quite a lot...ill give it another look tomorrow but I doubt it somehow! well when I went to get it fixed it was done under warrenty from a different garage not a renault one so im sure they would of had a clue what they were doing! (i was just glad to get the window fixed):) no look at the problem I have:rolleyes:

Advertisement