Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF2 patch and maps to be announced Monday

Options
  • 21-06-2008 5:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=151832

In an interview with the Dice Live team, the intend to formally announce a new patch and maps for BF2.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Bejesus.

Time for a fresh reinstall methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lovable Rouge

Cool. Looking forward to some BF2 action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

fcking hell I thought the game was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Not sure if ye listened to the interview but I caught it on another website and he just said there would be an announcement on Monday about BF2 as it would be their 3rd birthday , he did not actually say that there would be a new patch and/or maps although that is the widly held opinion as thats basically what he was been asked about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

well looks like we are getting a new patch but nothing about any new maps.

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

looks like it'll just a patch tbh. i doubt it's a celebratory patch either, moreso a cheap ploy to make everyone aware of bad companies' release on friday... though a new patch will probably make me re-install bf2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

EA confirmed it's new patches and the 1.50 updates, the banner above the article clearly mentions them.

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/images/bfUnifnews.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote: »

Damn it, I'm blind. I'll be quiet now.

Spear wrote: »
    Damn it, I'm blind. I'll be quiet now.

Replying to myself makes me look nuts but anyway, it seems that people who checked their stats on the EA site saw a new map called Shanghai Showdown appear at the bottom of the map list. It has since been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

With over 15 million player accounts being created since release, Battlefield 2 is still going strong. On the forums we often see discussions about whether there will ever be another update for the game. Well, today we are happy to announce that we are working on an update for Battlefield 2. We are planning to provide an open beta in the near future and we hope you’ll give us your feedback before final release; so watch out for that.

Keep an eye on www.Battlefield.com for information on what we are working on, release dates and don’t forget to visit our forums.

In the mean time Battlefield Bad Company is released worldwide this week and we expect it will keep you occupied while we work on the update.

-End of Transmission-

Regards,

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

What is the story about this patch ?

Is there even a release date?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Don't forget to grab POE 2 as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Unless it's a patch that takes all stats out of the game and uninstalls all the exp packs then i will give it a miss.

Bring back BFV...

:p

d22ontour wrote: »
    Unless it's a patch that takes all stats out of the game and uninstalls all the exp packs then i will give it a miss.

Bring back BFV...

:p

If there wasn't any stats then I wouldn't play it anywhere near as much
    and either would a lot of others.

It fun to look at numbers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Shiny wrote: »
    If there wasn't any stats then I wouldn't play it anywhere near as much
    and either would a lot of others.

It fun to look at numbers.:)

Yeah, stats are great, they can tell you just how much fun youre having.

If the patch compeltely overhauls the guns so that youre not using pea shooters, and limits EVERYONE to 1 grenade, than it might be worth playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Stats mean diddly squat, they do not indicate how good a player is in any way means or form. A few of us have often encountered those "uber top of the stats" players on servers and tbh they where pretty dire at the game, they just played, well lots and lots.

Its a pity game devs wouldnt rewind a bit and go back to basics. Look at BFV or even BF1942 with some of its mods. Both of these games supply endless WTF moments that just make you LOL.

0ubliette wrote: »
    Yeah, stats are great, they can tell you just how much fun youre having.

If the patch compeltely overhauls the guns so that youre not using pea shooters, and limits EVERYONE to 1 grenade, than it might be worth playing.

I will admit the grenades can take the piss at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

no sign of that patch anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Stats mean diddly squat, they do not indicate how good a player is in any way means or form. .

Score per min and Kill death raitos do show good players from bad. But youre right the liked of global scores mean nothing just shows who has more free time for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Score per min and Kill death raitos do show good players from bad. But youre right the liked of global scores mean nothing just shows who has more free time for gaming.

spookyD !!! o/

Been playing bf2 a couple of nights now (PoE2 mod is still better), found a couple a nice servers were admins are present and the muppetry is usually low, however as always there are a lot of servers with complete muppets running around, the "if I can't fly NOBODY CAN!" breed of muppet is rampant! However have had some good fun with a few lads from my Eve corp playing bf2 again, still has its charm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

So is there a patch? or was it just an attempt by EA to renew interest in a game?...I've not played it since TF2 came out tbh... but still a new map might spruce things up..

They never said there was a patch, just that they were working on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Patch was for 2142..that stinking pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

havnt played since last year this could tempt me to reinstall

So the patch is Delayed till "Winter" sometime. Great. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

EA seem to be delaying every thing they have been promising these days.

EA seem to be delaying every thing they have been promising these days.

They can't really delay something that they never released a date for :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Jesus its been 2 years since BF2 got a patch? or do u mean BF 2142?

Advertisement