Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF2 patch and maps to be announced Monday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

1.5 beta patch out tomorrow (afaik) but only for certain mod communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I doubt it will help the game at this stage, EA have gotta have an ulteria motive for this patch, maybe testing something that would be in BF3.

EA do not patch no cash cows, they have no reason to. The current economic climate will mean less and less spend on project that do not bring in the $$$.

Not holding my breath, though if it stops the high number of hacks people are using then bring it on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/page.php?do=dicevisit

Plenty of screenshots of the new map due in BF2 1.5 and BF2142 1.51

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Its still not out then ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

1.3 Gb for a patch that adds one map and minor code tweaks. Lazy basts I say tbh, could they not have made that smaller?

1.3 Gb for a patch that adds one map and minor code tweaks. Lazy basts I say tbh, could they not have made that smaller?

I suspect it's the complete patch for those going from 1.0, rather than the incremental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Spear wrote: »
    I suspect it's the complete patch for those going from 1.0, rather than the incremental.

I didn't read too much detail but I am sure I saw on forums that you needed 1.41 patch installed . I'll wait until I'm going to bed and set it off then .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jonski wrote: »
    I didn't read too much detail but I am sure I saw on forums that you needed 1.41 patch installed . I'll wait until I'm going to bed and set it off then .

I saw that in the readme as well. The only other cause is that they may have had to alter a the geometry for a lot of the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gave it a quick go last night like what they've done so far ie.. it now has wide screen support \o/

will have another go tonight and have a better look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Does the bata patch mean you have to play in unranked games now.
    I think ill wait for the full release. I think they might hold it back till june so its our for the 4 year aniveresery of the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

only saw this today, is the beta version stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any update on when?

cheat sites have new cheats for the patch thanks to the beta , was hoping for at least a weeks worth of bf2 cheat free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm downloading the latest beta from here at the moment.

Its and torrent and its well seeded. :)

your making all this beta testing sound like a bad thing. But I really would love to know when, sure it must be BF2 4th Bday soon is it not? I must check the day my account was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

your making all this beta testing sound like a bad thing. But I really would love to know when, sure it must be BF2 4th Bday soon is it not? I must check the day my account was made.

10th or 11th of June we got our accounts via the public Demo, but the game came out few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's fcukall servers out there with the Beta 2 patch.
    And the problem is only the new map, Wake and Karkland are working properly.
    The rest all bomb out at the spawn screen.

It's great reading some of the forums on it...the dolphin divers are pissed off as they have increased the prone time from jump to .7sec from .3secs and they're claiming it's a legitimate and real life move and shouldn't be penalised..stupid fcukers..when was the last time you saw a fully loaded marine jumping in the air and going full prone :D

F35 still sucks against the J-10.
    I think they decreased the lock on time for it's missiles...as if that's gonna work..

for those interested..copy your existing 1.41 BF2 folder to another location and set up a desktop shortcut for it.
    Then install the beta patch. That way you can still use both 1.41 and 1.5 without reinstalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

I think i'll wait for the full release...i dont want to mess up my current install.

I have seen ways of changing setting in the reg to jump from 1.41 to 1.5 but im still going to wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

this still isn't out, over a year after it was announced?

Sure they announced that 1943 was coming out on xbox in june. I think BF heros was suposed to be out last year. they can never give an accurate release date them EA people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

It won't be long I'm sure for offical 1.5.............. lol somethings never change

Tracking/status of issues with the patch:
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/540014-battlefield-tracking.html

Quote from totalgaming posted 3 days ago:

We have yet again another update on the elusive Battlefield 2 v1.50 patch and news that it is delayed, this because of "office politics." DICE member Bazajaytee has been updating a thread over on the EA UK Forums and we've included some of his posts below:

Hey guys, remember me? Just a quick update. We have what we believe is the final version of Battlefield 2 v1.50. We have a little bit of office politics to sort out regarding the update but once that's cleared up we'll be good to release it.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what the office politics decision is about but it is worth the slight extra delay. There won't be another public Beta of this version, instead we will do a closed Beta to get a faster turn around and is basically to make sure things are still OK like the connection to servers issue.

You will need to have Battlefield 2 installed to version 1.41. We won't support installing over a previous 1.50 Beta version (it might work without issue but it might not so to be safe install over 1.41) so feel free to uninstall/delete that version.

I can't give away what the "politicians" are discussing but we know its something you guys will appreciate and that the Battlefield team has been pushing for, for a few months now.

Sorry not everything was fixed that you might have wanted to see implemented. The update contains a lot of requested features as well as some big security fixes. So while you might have some issues you don't feel have been dealt with I think we can say that Battlefield 2 is far from dying.

Mouse acceleration is the same as Beta 3
    ALT+TAB works fine on my nVidia machine but I can't say it'll work for everyone and we dont support ALT+TAB since BF2 launched.
    Yes Special Forces works
    Vehicle drops work fine unless you mean on Operation Blue Pearl which neither team has vehicle drops.
    Flash bangs look fine on my machine with latest nVidia drivers.

HUD will always be stretched as BF2 just wasn't made for widescreen resolutions. They were drawn for 4:3 ratio only so for widescreen it gets stratched like you see. Its the trade off between wanting normal HUD and 4:3 or 16:9/16:10 and slightly stretched HUD.
    Be sure and stay tuned for more news on the BF2 v1.50 patch. You can read more updates from Bazajaytee here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There won't be another public Beta of this version, instead we will do a closed Beta to get a faster turn around and is basically to make sure things are still OK like the connection to servers issue.
    Why do I read this as "LOL, we don't have the money to do any testing at all"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Bout ****ing time.
    After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Shiny wrote: »

And it makes the previous booster packs free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Roll on 5pm GMT tomorrow.
    That's when it's released.
    Be warned though it's a hefty size...the beta patches were over 1.5GB so I'm expecting 2 GB at least including AF/EF..probably 2.5GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh, and as it's EA, it'll probably get delayed. Again. EA makes Duke look on time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

IF anyone gets any good download links they might post them here .

We used to have someone on here from TiG that would host them but that was in the good olde days .

Of course I am thinking of two years ago when there was massive demand for the BF2 patches but there will probably be no great rush on for it now .

Advertisement