Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4A1 Maintenance.

Options
  • 21-06-2008 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a dboys M4A1, which was my first AEG. I've gone through a bottle of 3000 bbs or a full batterys worth of use in the week that I've had it and I'm just wondering now how often I should lube it up? Where exactly should I spray silicon oil? I've oiled the barrel with a bit of cloth using the cleaning rod, with the hop up turned fully down. I've sprayed a bit of silicon oil in the mag well. Where else should I be oiling and what parts of the mag should I be oiling?

I don't think the gun is field stripable and it seems as if there is a lot of work in taking it a part.

If anyone has any advice specific to this model, I'd greatly appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you want, you can remove the front pin in the receiver(allen key is needed), to slide the upper off.
    Disconnect two wires in the handguard to allow it to come off.

You should be able to slide out the barrel and hop.

From here you can clean the barrel easily, you can spray a little oil into the air nozzle too, to keep the cylinder lubed and piston o-ring lubed.
    I think a small amount is ok, not too much really.

Use only silicon oil though, any wd-40 etc. will corrode seals.

Bar a clean barrel, and a bit of oil in the cylinder and mag, theres not much else to do.

When you finally open your gearbox, cleaning out excess grease, and regreasing the gears slightly is the next thing to do, and cleaning and oiling the piston guide rails.

Not much to it really :D

Remember, too much oil attracts dust, and turns into gunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Awesome, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Advertisement