Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Insurance

Options
  • 21-06-2008 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. If I phone up an insurance place to request car insurance, can they arrange cover that starts straight away? Or would you normally have to wait a few days or weeks?

Also, what happens if you are currently insured with another provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

They will tell you over the phone, usually it starts straight away but you can request at a later stage if you need.
    If you have insurance on another car with another insurance company, I don't think there'd be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nice one, cheers. I was onto Quinn Direct today but forgot to ask them. As far as I know, you can get covered straight away but I just wanted to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Most companies do this, just make sure first that Quinn do too. Your old insurance company probably won't cancel cover until they have their cert & disc back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nice one, cheers.

Advertisement