Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is this a good deal?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

My friend is selling a 99 micra, with 70,000 miles on it.
    He got a new clutch and breakpads put in yesterday, and is getting 4 brand new tires on it tomorrow.
    He has offered to sell it to me for €1700, is that too much to pay for a 99 micra or is it a good offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

has it got power steering? is it 1.0 or 1.3? much NCT? colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

it has power steering, NCT up in May 09, and its silver, 1L engine..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds alright to me, Micras not my cup of tea, but you can't argue with the quality of the older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

thanks a million for the replies!
    i havnt a notion about cars see, and it's my first car, so i'd be as gullible as anything when it comes to buying a car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Micras are a good car to learn on. If you're nervous, you could pay a mechanic to look the car over. It'll cost a few quid, but it will give you some piece of mind, and possibly help you avoid an expensive mistake. If I were in your position, i'd decide whether or not to based on how good a friend this is and how long they've had the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Anan1 wrote: »
    Micras are a good car to learn on. If you're nervous, you could pay a mechanic to look the car over. It'll cost a few quid, but it will give you some piece of mind, and possibly help you avoid an expensive mistake. If I were in your position, i'd decide whether or not to based on how good a friend this is and how long they've had the car.
    I'd definitely get a mechanic to take a look at it - it wouldn't be the first time that friends fell out after a car sale. If it gets the OK then any problems will be down to you learning to drive in it rather than your friend *possibly* selling you a dodgy car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kev_mcevoy_7

Mixedup wrote: »
    My friend is selling a 99 micra, with 70,000 miles on it.
    He got a new clutch and breakpads put in yesterday, and is getting 4 brand new tires on it tomorrow.
    He has offered to sell it to me for €1700, is that too much to pay for a 99 micra or is it a good offer?

The average 99 micra with a 2yr NCT and 70,000 odd on the clock is making between 3500 and 4000.... and most have power steering.
    i say get a mechanic to have a quick look over maybe a mate that knows abit about cars...
    but the micra is a good reliable car..not my cup a tea but relaible and economical.
    i know a guy that had a 96 one until last year and there was 120,000 on the clock, the clutch was done at 80,000 i think....but the car neva gave a minutes trouble...

Advertisement