Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen or no kitchen

Options
  • 21-06-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi, hope this is the correct place, apologies if not.

I'm looking for people's opinions on whether they would prefer to buy a house with a kitchen already in place or a clean slate they could design to suit themselves.

I'm considering moving and while I have a make shift kitchen in place in the house, utility room is done, I'm debating whether to go ahead and put in a 'proper' kitchen.
    Obviously if I'm moving I'm not going to spend money on something spectacular so I was wondering would it be a waste to put anything in at all?

Thanks

To kitchen or not to kitchen 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    33% 3 votes
    Hmmm
    66% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I suspect that you wouldn't get your money back on the investment in a kitchen.

B&Q style job though would be the max I'd spend, nothing premium

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It probably depends on how much is done on the rest of the house. If there is a lot of work to be done a kitchen will make no difference. If it is the only thing to be done it may make all the difference. Some purchasers want everything ready when they move in and do not want the hassle of doing anything themselves. Some first time buyers can regard a minor job as a major hassle! It is something you should ask the local estate agents about.

Advertisement