Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help me fishing in dublin

Options
  • 21-06-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

For 3 years now ive been fishing outside the capital ie cavan monaghan , meath westmeath , edenderry etc but have never really found somewhere thats well populated with decent species as carp tench in dublin that i wont have to bring a baseball bat to fight off junkies scum and all that you know what i mean ive had a BAD EXPERIENCE FISHING IN BALLBOUGH so post hear we get it going and by the end il tell you all bout my ballbough junkie run it was scary lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

For 3 years now ive been fishing outside the capital ie cavan monaghan , meath westmeath , edenderry etc but have never really found somewhere thats well populated with decent species as carp tench in dublin that i wont have to bring a baseball bat to fight off junkies scum and all that you know what i mean ive had a BAD EXPERIENCE FISHING IN BALLBOUGH so post hear we get it going and by the end il tell you all bout my ballbough junkie run it was scary lol

when i lived in dublin i used to fish at baggot streed bridge
    down neer the old floor mill great fishing try there steve:D
    ps very big carp 10 and over on floating bread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Tell us more about the Baggott St. bridge! Some people swear by Ballybough, I swear there's syringes everywhere! Ask them in Henry's and they'll send you to a better spot.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Tell us more about the Baggott St. bridge! Some people swear by Ballybough, I swear there's syringes everywhere! Ask them in Henry's and they'll send you to a better spot.

hi lads i am in the shooting forum anyway i used to fish in dublin
    if you can find hatch street it is down from baggot st at the end
    were the old bolands floor mill it is just beford that is the canal
    with the gates locked so between hatch st and the old floor mill
    that is were i used to fish WHY the canal gates have been closed
    for over 20years and only fish it at daylight only i have meet
    junkie so two or three guys go fishing togeather :cool: steve
    now living in mayo shooting and fishing:p pm me if you want to go fishing
    for pike or course fishing i know a place or two steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 northsideangler

just wondering could people HELP me catch some decent fish fed up off 1 and 2 lb fish leave places directions baits etc they used in specific terms from spots around ireland that paid off best on that lake for carp or tench rigs etc tactics used just looking to improve my fishing skills which so far is pretty average ,7lb is my biggest carp 3.5lb biggest tench hoping to catch some bigger with some help ?

just wondering could people HELP me catch some decent fish fed up off 1 and 2 lb fish leave places directions baits etc they used in specific terms from spots around ireland that paid off best on that lake for carp or tench rigs etc tactics used just looking to improve my fishing skills which so far is pretty average ,7lb is my biggest carp 3.5lb biggest tench hoping to catch some bigger with some help ?

hi their is a place called lakeland just outside lonford in a village called
    roosky on the N4 TO SLIGO OR N5 WEST there is carp to40lb:eek:
    and tench it is a paid to fish it it has it owen tackle shop also there
    it a man called derek HE IS THE OWENER dead sound if you go
    you will enjoy it steve:Dit is will worth the drive:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Ive had carp to 11LBS in Corkagh park, Tench to over 5 LBS, trout on the fly to 14LBS and all sizes in between and roach, good sized perch, bream and some serious Rudd
    heres the link

CHEERS MATE im new to carp fishing could you tell me how to bag the big ones or just how to fish corky park in general please mate it will be appreciated as ive had many dudd days recently ?you can reply in private if you dont want thousands in corky park????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i would stick my filleting knife through a junkie idiots throat and out through his mouth, id then like to use his syringe as a float and his eyeball on the hook while he slowly drifts past it!!
    Then id try and work out the best way to fillet him (while rubbing my chin and wishing i had a huge beard like all the good fishermen)!

i reckon belly button to chin, then id switch to a saw edge to cut through the junkie ***** face, id then hang him upside down for 3 days, soak him in vinager for a day and then eat him!

flanum wrote: »
    i would stick my filleting knife through a junkie idiots throat and out through his mouth, id then like to use his syringe as a float and his eyeball on the hook while he slowly drifts past it!!
    Then id try and work out the best way to fillet him (while rubbing my chin and wishing i had a huge beard like all the good fishermen)!

i reckon belly button to chin, then id switch to a saw edge to cut through the junkie ***** face, id then hang him upside down for 3 days, soak him in vinager for a day and then eat him!

top class i am pissing myself laughting +me can i help:eek::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭killintime

hi as my frend sayed the hair roosky is a very good place to fish

• Advertisement

hi im in dublin at the moment northside dont do much fishing around dublin do most of it in the country find it more bether bigger fish :D:D:cool:

hi ment to say thehear was on to you about me let me no what you need to no and i will try my best to help you out :Dwillie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

CHEERS MATE im new to carp fishing could you tell me how to bag the big ones or just how to fish corky park in general please mate it will be appreciated as ive had many dudd days recently ?you can reply in private if you dont want thousands in corky park????

PM sent, even if it is a bit late

cheers for the rooskey spot actually planning to fish there for 3 days in the next couple of weeks get the bus down stay in a hotel and fish my brains out , the lakes are in perfect condition been bout a year since ive been there caught bout 20 fish ranging from carp 2-3 pound tench 4.5 loads smaller its very strict the rules there but if you fish the way derek says youl bag some all day you can only float fish which is a bit weird i thought and only use his pellets for groundbait ,you can fish 2 feet of the bank which is great for keeping a good eye on your float , if it was only closer id live there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

cheers for the rooskey spot actually planning to fish there for 3 days in the next couple of weeks get the bus down stay in a hotel and fish my brains out , the lakes are in perfect condition been bout a year since ive been there caught bout 20 fish ranging from carp 2-3 pound tench 4.5 loads smaller its very strict the rules there but if you fish the way derek says youl bag some all day you can only float fish which is a bit weird i thought and only use his pellets for groundbait ,you can fish 2 feet of the bank which is great for keeping a good eye on your float , if it was only closer id live there lol

i have stopped going there for too many resons.

resons for only allowing his pellets is there is too much oil in any other ones but after he told me this he went and stocked up on all the dinamite range which has a hell of alot of oil.

1. rules on fishing styles are a joke you cant even try catch fish off the top with bread or dog biscuits or watever.

1.he kept comin over to me and throwin his roley butts in my bag and tackle boxs.

1.not a bin in site.

besides all of this i dont like over population of fish its too easy to catch and in turn is damaging the fish i caught a 5 pound tench out of there with one lip hanging off.

i do like the koi i got out of there tho.

its not a place i would like to fish regularly just the odd time.

hi he dose have rules but theres ways around them but there is some nice duble figer fish there have got some nice ones there :D:cool:

Even though rules an all id still recommend rooskey for beginners or pros il be there soon and bag some up let you all know how it went

hi buddy:D

i can sell you killintime house if you wish:eek:but dont tell him steve:D

hi how is the weather in dublin

• Advertisement

pretty ****ty all day non stop miserable rain perfect for fishing but not work but lol so how the hospital go you all good ?

pretty ****ty all day non stop miserable rain perfect for fishing but not work but lol so how the hospital go you all good ?

no back tommor

o till the same lots of rain:mad:

what it like werew you are

how long are you in dublin

sun and rain here

awell looks like were all in the sam boat

well my boats better lol

when you goin out next:D

• Advertisement

you have not seeing mine so how you now lol;)

Advertisement