Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planet Terror?

• 21-06-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Thinking of ordering this zombie flick tonight on Sky boxoffice..Has anyone seen it? Reccomendations??

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

it comes highly recommended by me!:D
    (this isn't really a spoiler, but..)
    Rose MaGowan's leg Is.A. Gun.

i was tempted to order that and death proof back to back, if only i knew our pin... :mad:

but good god, planet terror is just Awesome. its so much fun, too!
    enjoy!
    xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks! :D...Definatly gonna order it now!..btw if your pin hasnt been changed my someone in the house then it will be the last 4 numbers on the back of your sky card!.. My dad works for sky!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep, good film, and well worth a watch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Very enjoyable and clever in parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's not your 'traditional' zombie flick and you can tell it was made by Robert Rodriguez (not a bad thing!) :). Well worth a watch with as Doom said some clever parts in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, well worth a watch. Far superior to Death Proof as well imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

^^^ +1 Death proof sucked bawls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Very good show!..and as said some clever bits in it! disgusting gore FTW!!

freddy rodruigez on a tiny motorbike is still pretty badass :cool:

+ was it just me who liked death proof? was expecting a LOT more gore + stuff, but i thought it was good *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

I ordered this off the box office just the other night and really enjoyed it...

It really isn't the traditional zombie flick and because that's what I was expecting I was a little bit disappointed...

Oh and 'who's your one' I'm a big Tarantino fan and really enjoyed Death Proof don't know why everyone is so hard on it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Louise~ wrote: »
    I ordered this off the box office just the other night and really enjoyed it...

It really isn't the traditional zombie flick and because that's what I was expecting I was a little bit disappointed...

Oh and 'who's your one' I'm a big Tarantino fan and really enjoyed Death Proof don't know why everyone is so hard on it...

Neither do I, although planet terror is clearly the superior of the two.

playing 'Crazy-people-who-didn't-like-death-proof's Advocate' here, maybe it being a tarantino flick, it was kinda tame, gore wise? while i thought it was great, i did think 'where's the blood?'
    lucky i've been known to enjoy films with virtually no bloodshed, so it wasn't ruined for me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I like DP I have to say.
    Bear in mind the version released here had almost 30 mins tacked on so as to pad it out compared to the version screened as part of the double header in the States.

PT is definitely the more fun of the two though, although I wouldn't necessarily say it was the better film.

.....And now the best news......Rodriguez is making 'Machete', the B movie advertised at the start of PT. I can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys check this one out. Maybe worth a view once it get's released if you can find it. Jenna Jameson!!!:D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960890/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lol sweet lord i'd say it'd be awful! Hmmm wasn't there zombie strippers in a Resident Evil movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Roen wrote: »
    I like DP I have to say.
    Ya maybe one of those films that shouldn't be abbreviated there chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Ya maybe one of those films that shouldn't be abbreviated there chief.

Lol, thanks for the point out. Bit late to edit now though.

Advertisement