Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAA / SIPTU Dispute - July 2 Disruption ?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi. Would anyone know what's likely to happen at Dublin airport on July 2 ? Siptu / DAA Dispute. I'm hoping to come back into Dublin that nite from Brussells, but not sure whether to try and re-book for the next day, or what. Would anyone have a e-mail adddress I could use to contact Aer Lingus to see what their plans are ? DAA were pretty vague and couldn't give me any defo information.
    cheers, Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Unlikely there will be any plans until at least July 01 and probably not even then.

Watch SIPTU switch the Dublin Airport "Card" to Aer Rianta, now that EI have finally told them what's what.

I would doubt if there would be serious disruption on July 02,public opinion fallout would crucify SIPTU, more likely a bit of sabre rattling in advance.

One way or 'tother there will be no plan, thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Like I said.......:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mark 2008

Oh man, I was so releived when I heard the strike was cancelled. I have to get back in to be here for work , so I was thinking I'd have to book a 2nd flight to Belfast just to be sure of getting back. alls well that ends well. cheers, mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

mark 2008 wrote: »
    Oh man, I was so releived when I heard the strike was cancelled. I have to get back in to be here for work , so I was thinking I'd have to book a 2nd flight to Belfast just to be sure of getting back. alls well that ends well. cheers, mark

Same here, i have a flight on 2nd. Relief :)

Advertisement