Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday morning cycle?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on for a quick one out around Wicklow tomorrow? Looks like the rain may hold off!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

saw the forecast at 6 and it said gale force winds and heavy rain!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I plan on going out alright, but I'm not sure how far I'll stray from home. Still trying to shake off the dregs of last week's sickness so I don't want to overdo it. Will probably only decide in the morning what I'm up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The forecast I was looking at on met.ie suggested gale force winds but without the rain at first. Wind is coming from the west at 50 km/h. Stong winds can be ok if you are climbing mountains, they shelter you from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm in Drogheda tonight, so won't be home tomorrow unfortunately :(

I think you did enough today Tiny, if you survive that you will be doing very well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I'll be in the Phoenix Park tomorrow AM early-ish... too much going on for a Wicklow adventure, I need to stay in the area. My week spins will all probably be in the park due to my overloaded week full of work stuff/interviews(ush that)/resits exams/bad music writting/tea drinking and nintendo DS playing lifestyle ... I think I am going to fall as.... ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I too will get back to you early this morning with a response. What kind of distance/route were you thinking?

just home and heading to bed this minute- thinking heading out around 11am (if it is not pissing rain), up for anything really, did a nice 110km or so last weekend that i'd go again- djouce, sally gap, wicklow gap and back by the lakes/n81? shorter or longer is good with me!

Oo-er- seems to be a bit more rain than I was hoping for. Might head out later if it clears. NOT the best weekend for cycling this one.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, just back from a walk to the shops at lambs cross, sideways walk leaning into horizontal rain!

• Advertisement
Advertisement