Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Taste of Cork?

Options
  • 21-06-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

I've bought a ticket for the Friday session but I read this week that ticket sales aren't great and that the food is very expensive there? Will obviously be going now that I have my ticket, I'm looking forward to it. Just wondering if anyone else is going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭cluelessx2

I'm quite looking forward to it - I've tickets for the Sunday evening session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Im going too. To be honest, im not sure whether its going to be good or not, but i'm willing to give it a lash. Quite expensive though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

I love food fests and considered going to cork. when I saw the cost just to go into the Gaol and then to have to pay to sample the food, total rip off.
    Then I had a good look at where my money would be spent eg ballymalloe forgive spelling ye know who I mean among well established elitest groups. No way
    Plus the cost of staying, no fun eating and running :D
    Anyway I checked out different city events that are totally free, happening all over the summer, supose weather permitting.
    Not my intertion to bust yer bubbles, love to know was it really worth it??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Loads of people seem to be saying it's too expensive. I don't mind the cost too much because it's a once off thing and I live in Cork so no extra travel or accomodation expenses. I'm going on Friday evening and have been so bored all of this weekend that I can't wait.

The stall holders/exhibitors have to pay a lot for their space and are supposed to be worried they'll be at a loss by being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

I hope it works out for the organisers but at €25 a head that's expensive going before you even eat anything. Unfortunately I won't be there at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

rebs23 wrote: »
    I hope it works out for the organisers but at €25 a head that's expensive going before you even eat anything. Unfortunately I won't be there at that price.

That's what everyone seems to be saying. As I understand it it's an event like a concert or theatre where you go for the experience and not somewhere you go just to get your dinner.

Advertisement