Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some ahole Reported me to the Guards!

Options
  • 21-06-2008 11:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was pulling out of a parking space on the street and the car concked out straight away, and all of a sudden out of nowhere this guy is up my ass beeping at me for no reason (I started it quickly btw) so I carry on up the street for a minute or so at 15-20mph and then two cars are trying to get out at a junction so I let them go and again he beeps me,
    so I continue up the road again following traffic and I look in my rear view mirror to see him writing down my number plate, and just as I drive past the gardai station he goes in. :rolleyes:

I mean what did I do wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Nothing, don't even worry about it. Gardai have better thing to be doing than chasing down people who allegedly did something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Probably thought you had pulled out in front of him without looking or thought you were creating a blockage.

At any rate, if you are contacted about it, explain that your car conked out as you tried to move off. That should help a lot.

They won't pursue it unless he makes a statement. His behaviour you described will probably stop him from making a statement in case you make a counter one regarding his road-rage.

Don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

AudiChris wrote: »
    Nothing, don't even worry about it. Gardai have better thing to be doing than chasing down people who allegedly did something wrong.

Yea, don't worry about it. The guards have better things to do than deal with these cranks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thanks guys!

My full liecensed driver told me to go in to them but I dont think it would be worth the hassel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SOme people are crazy.

The other morning at around 10 I was coming from Castlenock heading to Dorset street. Turned to head down Blackhorse Ave and came to the first speed bump. Went over it as normal then on to the next one. All of a sudden the guy behind me (60 ish) decides I'm going too slow so starts beeping and throwing his hands up in a "move quicker" motion.

No I am by no means a slow driver and take ramps (the ones on Blackhorse ave would be a bit bigger than the average) at about 20-25 mph. So I tell him via the mirror where to go and **** off. So he keeps at it, so next thing I check behind me and he's halfway on the far side of the road. I started braking seeing as I didnt fancy checking what he was at in my mirror while accelerating up the road and by the look of it he wanted past. The ****ing idiot wasnt paying attention and nearly ran up the back of me, he skidded.

So he backs off a bit and when we get to the crossroads at the NTh Circular he's going right and start whinging at me that he's reporting me to the gards.

I'd love to see that conversation if he actually went ."how's it going gard, I want to make a complaint. I was behind a car that I felt was going to slow sso I decided to harass him by beeping and wavign at him while cursing. Then I drove too close and nearly hit him when he slowed"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Joe Duffy types. Always good for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Haha, I love those type of drivers.

always fun to slow down intentionally, let EVERYone out of side turns...anything you can to slow them down whilst following the law.

don't worry about a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Any chance it was a BMW or Merc driver? I often find them to be the most impatient and who will be driving right up your ass even if you are on the speed limit.

It must be great not to have to stick to speed limits because you drive a BMW or Merc :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Stekelly wrote: »
    SOme people are crazy.

agreed, the missus was telling during the week she was at a level crossing which had closed while the train passed.

no less than 2 cars proceeded to start beeping at the crossing for it to re-open. Like WTF??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Haha, I love those type of drivers.

always fun to slow down intentionally, let EVERYone out of side turns...anything you can to slow them down whilst following the law.

don't worry about a thing.

Yeah, hold up a stream of cars behind you while you let a single car in....:rolleyes:

Real clever. Not.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I was pulling out of a parking space on the street and the car concked out straight away, and all of a sudden out of nowhere this guy is up my ass beeping at me for no reason (I started it quickly btw) so I carry on up the street for a minute or so at 15-20mph and then two cars are trying to get out at a junction so I let them go and again he beeps me,
    so I continue up the road again following traffic and I look in my rear view mirror to see him writing down my number plate, and just as I drive past the gardai station he goes in. :rolleyes:

Maybe they were cops in an unmarked car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Thanks guys!

My full liecensed driver told me to go in to them but I dont think it would be worth the hassel.

are u a learner with L plates & was accompanied by a licence holder ? just don't worry about it, if the cops contact you (most unlikely) just explain plainy to them what happened

I am currently teaching my daughter to drive & recently at a dangerous junction some old biddy in a beamer kept honking her to 'go' when she didn't feel it was safe so to do

I hopped outa the car pointed to the L plate & took a pic of her reg. with my fone .. no more honking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

... road again following traffic and I look in my rear view mirror to see him writing down my number plate, and just as I drive past the gardai station he goes in. :rolleyes:

How do you know he reported you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭abitdazed

I often find that the business types in suits are the worst, don't get me wrong, I like to drive fast enough, but being that type of a P*!*k mostly seems to apply to suits. Let these people report as much as they want, the more they do it, the less notice anyone'll take of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

You've nothing to worry about at all RHCP. Some people on the road are dead on... some are gimps. You just came across a gimp! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From what you've said, it sounds as though you may have done the following wrong:

1. Pulled out without checking that the road was clear. (No offence, but cars just don't materialise out of nowhere)

2. Obstructed following traffic by driving at 15-20mph (Although you may have had good reason for driving so slowly?)

3. Obstructed following traffic by yielding to the other cars when you had right of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

miju wrote: »
    agreed, the missus was telling during the week she was at a level crossing which had closed while the train passed.

no less than 2 cars proceeded to start beeping at the crossing for it to re-open. Like WTF??????????
    Some people are special and should not be on the road.

I have to say I like the idea of getting out and taking a picture of their number plate. I imagine that would shut a lot of people up very quickly. But I guess you have to have the balls to risk holding up the traffic and incase the person who is behind you turns out to be some neanderthol raring for a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

To the OP, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, I have reported dangerous drivers (DUI) and boy racer muppets and absolutely nothing happened to them. If you think the Guards would even entertain this moron then you don't know the guards very well. I just can't see why people haven't got a little patience especially with L driver like yourself, sickening.
    ClioV6 wrote:

Speaking of letting people out of junctions, driveways etc. I did this recently and about 100metres up the street (50km zone) a car (Micra) pulled out of another entrance, a taxi (Avensis) skidded and rearended the offending car (micra) and shoved it into the van infront (Transit) as the gap where the micra pulled out was small and then the avensis taxi was rear ended by the car I left pullout a Mazda 6.

Because I was observantly watching the traffic I slammed my brakes on the second the avensis hit the micra and thus avoided the accident completly in what was stop go traffic and I avoided being hit or hitting somethings else by being the good samaritan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

AudiChris wrote: »
    What else do they do? If a complaint is made they have to investigate as they do not know the truth of what happened

• Advertisement

I have to say I like the idea of getting out and taking a picture of their number plate.
    The OP did not like having it taken and it was not photographed

Anan1 wrote: »
    From what you've said, it sounds as though you may have done the following wrong:

1. Pulled out without checking that the road was clear. (No offence, but cars just don't materialise out of nowhere)

2. Obstructed following traffic by driving at 15-20mph (Although you may have had good reason for driving so slowly?)

3. Obstructed following traffic by yielding to the other cars when you had right of way.
    First sensible reply.Again no offense OP and you only may have done so, but the garda won't know until they ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

First sensible reply.

Of the triple posts by you? :D

btw grandmaster was referring to snowman707's post above, not the OP when mentioning the photo.

BTW, I have no idea what "OP" means :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

OP=Original Poster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Original Poster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

original poster. R_H_C_P is the OP for this thread. :)

Cionád wrote: »
    Of the triple posts by you? :D
    no of all the replies:D
    btw grandmaster was referring to snowman707's post above, not the OP when mentioning the photo.
    I know, i was trying to say how come it is Ok for some folk to take reg and not others. Seeing as the guy who took the OP apparently thought he had reason to whether he had or not. Not saying he had OP

I see said the blind man.

Good to know, I had seen that abbreviation before and was coming up with all sorts of theories as to what it meant :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Yeah, hold up a stream of cars behind you while you let a single car in....:rolleyes:

Real clever. Not.:mad:

Did I say if there was a stream of cars behind me?

No....then I'd be slowing down people that aren't being assholes.
    Only when it's one of these kind of drivers behind me. :)

Advertisement