Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some ahole Reported me to the Guards!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Did I say if there was a stream of cars behind me?

No....then I'd be slowing down people that aren't being assholes.
    Only when it's one of these kind of drivers behind me. :)

Why slow down if your the last or one of the last couple of cars?. It takes longer for you and a couple of others to slow and speed back up again than for the couple of you jut to sail past and let the guy join behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Stekelly wrote: »
    Why slow down if your the last or one of the last couple of cars?. It takes longer for you and a couple of others to slow and speed back up again than for the couple of you jut to sail past and let the guy join behind you.

I _don't_ in general!

only when there's this kind of driver behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ClioV6 wrote: »
    I _don't_ in general!

only when there's this kind of driver behind me!
    Makes no sense either way. If they're 'that kind of driver' you're better off having them in front of you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

axer wrote: »
    Maybe they were cops in an unmarked car?
    Couldnt, It was a mazda 323 with a kid in the front.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    How do you know he reported you?
    Well the minute he took it down he turned into the police station, he mightent have reported me/Made a statement but he turned in.
    Anan1 wrote: »
    From what you've said, it sounds as though you may have done the following wrong:

1. Pulled out without checking that the road was clear. (No offence, but cars just don't materialise out of nowhere)

2. Obstructed following traffic by driving at 15-20mph (Although you may have had good reason for driving so slowly?)

3. Obstructed following traffic by yielding to the other cars when you had right of way.

1. He was well down the road when I was pulling out, atleast 50 metres down. He wasnt exactly driving slow.

2. Their was one to two cars behind him, and tbh Im not too keen going faster thru the town that 20mph considering all the risks. Better safe than sorry.

3. Once again one car behind him. Im pretty sure a minute wont kill someone to be nice to other drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Dont worry about it. Just tell them your version of events and also add in that he verbally abused you and you feared for your own safety for good measure. Should end there. Odds are they wont contact you. Waste of time. How can they make a judgement on a situation they did'nt even see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Well the minute he took it down he turned into the police station, he mightent have reported me/Made a statement but he turned in.

Well perhaps he'd better things to do like for example apply for his passport???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My dad can be a right miscrient in a car at times and once got involved in a skirmish with a tail-gater who subsequently made a complaint.

The guard told him over the phone that we pretty much know what's going on but please come in a make a statement. At the end, he told me Da that there's pretty much nothing to worry about- we know these types...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

1. He was well down the road when I was pulling out, atleast 50 metres down. He wasnt exactly driving slow.
    Fair enough if he was 50+m back when you pulled out. I got the impression when you said that he came 'out of nowhere' that you hadn't seen him. You did block the road though, when you stalled. I know it wasn't deliberate, but it wasn't great driving either.
    2. Their was one to two cars behind him, and tbh Im not too keen going faster thru the town that 20mph considering all the risks. Better safe than sorry.
    That's fine, you were driving so you're in the best position to judge what speed is safe.
    3. Once again one car behind him. Im pretty sure a minute wont kill someone to be nice to other drivers.
    It's not being nice to other drivers to force them to a halt by yielding when you have right of way. Don't take this the wrong way, but it is both selfish & potentially dangerous. If there were only two cars behind you then it would have been quicker, safer and more courteous to just pass and let them come out afterwards.

To be honest, i'd just put this one down as a learning experience. Re the guards, i'd be surprised if you heard any more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

mate I wouldnt worry about it

whats he going to say to the gardai erm
    guy-"a guy conked out in front of me thus wasting my valuable time"
    garda- "and what are you doing here?"
    some people are fookin idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Any chance it was a BMW or Merc driver? I often find them to be the most impatient and who will be driving right up your ass even if you are on the speed limit.

It must be great not to have to stick to speed limits because you drive a BMW or Merc :)

Careful now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Any chance it was a BMW or Merc driver? I often find them to be the most impatient and who will be driving right up your ass even if you are on the speed limit.

It must be great not to have to stick to speed limits because you drive a BMW or Merc :)

stereotyping again, to be honest id be more worried if i saw a white van or taxi driver behind me (yes i know this is also stereotyping but its the truth)

OP, dont worry about it , just wondering are you a L driver, i say this because you mentioned somewhere about a Full Licensed passenger in one of the threads.
    if yes, then the driver behind you should know this and should give you space for learning/stalling purposes.

The gards have enough on their plate, so dont lose sleep over it:)

Advertisement