Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for some dream interpretation?

• 22-06-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi all, lately I have been having some crazy dreams and I just had to tell ya about them!
    No most of it might seem like total Randomness, but if anyone here is any good and interpretation, I sure would love to know what you think about all of this.

Last week, I dreamt I was working in Penneys, and while I was in work, I saw my Aunty Pauline, (who died nearly 2 years ago) and my nanny (who's not very well) and they were shopping, and I tried to go over to talk to them, but I was called away by my boss, but I did get to make eye contact with my Aunty though, before I had to leave.

That same week I dreamt that my friends sister died, and I went over to the house, and her dad and brother where in shock. In the dream her mam had also died just a few months earlier and no one knew what caused the deaths, as they had been in good health.

Then this week I dreamt that someone, although I can't really identify who exactly but it was definitely a girl, had a pet rat.
    They were encouraging me to play with the rat, and I was like "Ewwwww, no way, its a dirty rat",and she said "no, go on, its cool, its a PET rat, so its ok" and so I held the rat in my hands and it bit me and I was raging with myself, because I knew it was a dirty old rat in the first place.

And in the LAST strange dream I had a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was no pregnancy or anything, I just HAD a baby, and I was calling it Sophie, which is my niece's name.
    Everyone was telling me that I could call her Sophie if I wanted to, but that it could get kinda confusing.
    I kept saying that she looked like a Sophie. (In the dream this baby was about 6 months old and had blonde hair and Rosy cheeks and I definitely loved her).
    After a while, I just changed my mind all of a sudden and decided to call her Alyssa instead, and I thought she now looked like an Alyssa. (Strange, I know, but I can't help my crazy dreams).
    Anyhow, she liked her knew name (I could tell) and we were all suddenly content with it and everything felt right.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I had one where a rat bit me too, and I never figured out what I thought it meant.
    And I had dreams where I had a deaf baby, though I have an interest in deaf...ness.

Anyway, if you were happy in your dream I wouldnt be worried about them, it'd be a good thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

ok - sounds like you have alot of stress and restless nights on your hands

re deaths with nanny & aunt - sounds like your aunt is guiding your nanny into 'next world' or helping her through her illness. You were shown this via a dream
    other deaths - deffo lots of sick people in your family - also the rats
    you are going to be around sickness quite abit - sorry

re pregnant - think this shows that 1. new life in family 2. new life in personal life 3. new cousin 4. total stress

above is total guess - and am in no way a physic of such
    but just putting my opinion on above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

:eek:

Well if ya think all that was strange, lately I have been having dreams that I am lost in Russia!

In the first dream it was late at night, I was on my own, everything was so dark and grey.
    I was trying to get somewhere but kept walking further and further in the wrong direction, getting more and more lost.
    I was on the phone to my boyfriend, trying to explain to him where I was so he could help me, but I didn't really know where I was, so it was hopeless.
    I got on a bus, hoping to find my way back, but only succeeded in becoming even more lost.

In last nights dream, I was in a pub type place, and it started of as russia. I was suspicious of a gang of men, who I thought where up to no good. One of them took a shine to me, but in a "I'm going to bully you into being with me" kinda way. I played along so I could spy on their plan, whilst acting dumb.
    Anyhow, turns out they planned to bomb the place, and they set the timer to 72 (I dunno if that was minutes, seconds, days........) but when my 'guy' left, I acted cool, then when I got outside I called my family to warn them about the bomb.
    All of a sudden I wasn't in Russia anymore, but I was in a pub about 20minutes from house.
    I woke up then, but I had the feeling I survived and managed to save my family too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

are you having any problems at work?stab in the dark here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Mrs_Doyle wrote: »
    Hi all, lately I have been having some crazy dreams and I just had to tell ya about them!
    No most of it might seem like total Randomness, but if anyone here is any good and interpretation, I sure would love to know what you think about all of this.

Last week, I dreamt I was working in Penneys, and while I was in work, I saw my Aunty Pauline, (who died nearly 2 years ago) and my nanny (who's not very well) and they were shopping, and I tried to go over to talk to them, but I was called away by my boss, but I did get to make eye contact with my Aunty though, before I had to leave.

That same week I dreamt that my friends sister died, and I went over to the house, and her dad and brother where in shock. In the dream her mam had also died just a few months earlier and no one knew what caused the deaths, as they had been in good health.

Then this week I dreamt that someone, although I can't really identify who exactly but it was definitely a girl, had a pet rat.
    They were encouraging me to play with the rat, and I was like "Ewwwww, no way, its a dirty rat",and she said "no, go on, its cool, its a PET rat, so its ok" and so I held the rat in my hands and it bit me and I was raging with myself, because I knew it was a dirty old rat in the first place.

And in the LAST strange dream I had a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was no pregnancy or anything, I just HAD a baby, and I was calling it Sophie, which is my niece's name.
    Everyone was telling me that I could call her Sophie if I wanted to, but that it could get kinda confusing.
    I kept saying that she looked like a Sophie. (In the dream this baby was about 6 months old and had blonde hair and Rosy cheeks and I definitely loved her).
    After a while, I just changed my mind all of a sudden and decided to call her Alyssa instead, and I thought she now looked like an Alyssa. (Strange, I know, but I can't help my crazy dreams).
    Anyhow, she liked her knew name (I could tell) and we were all suddenly content with it and everything felt right.

I cant remember where, but I read that everything in your dreams represents a part of yourself/your personality. So if you want to analyse your dream, you should question - what the surroundings, people, actions etc. mean to you. if that makes sense!! Who knows if that's true but it is an interesting theory.

So in your case you would think; What does Pennys represent to you?! what do you aunt and nanny represent? maybe death and illness but not being able to confront and deal with it due to a controlling force (remember this boss is yourself...) saying you did make eye contact - you recognise the feelings, but only briefly...

What do illness and death of you friends relative mean to you? The rat one; would be something inside your personality that you embrace but know is wrong... According to this theory the baby would also be a representation of yourself; so changing the name, is maybe about you changing and feeling happy with it...

You get the idea anyway! Try this out with your future dreams and see if it helps any!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Perhaps you were reading freuds interpretation of dreams,or a derivative of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Perhaps you were reading freuds interpretation of dreams,or a derivative of it?

Possibly, I have a feeling it may have been one of those dream-interpretation books, containing various opinions in the field,but I honestly cant remember. However wasn't it Freud's opinion that all dreams were sexually symbolic?

Advertisement