Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian McColl has left 98.

• 22-06-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Heard Brian McColl has left 98, what a terrible loss for the station. One of their best DJs ever. Terrible blow for 98 just as they are trying to turn things around and step it up a bit. Mind you, I hardly think a new logo/jingles and old tag line is going to turn the station around much.

I think the biggest mistake was taking Brian off the home run. :mad:

Great jock and lets hope someone snaps him up shortly, if he hasn't been snapped up already!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Thanks for the update Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

ksimpson wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

ksimpson wrote: »

Sorry man, but I think you will find that my name is not Brian. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Running joke on the radio forum.

Anyone actually praising a DJ gets accused of being them.... as normally everyone hates everyone on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

Running joke on the radio forum.

Anyone actually praising a DJ gets accused of being them.... as normally everyone hates everyone on the radio.

Lol... Cheers for the heads up!

Wonder if Brian is the first of many to go, with a new boss running the show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Lol... Cheers for the heads up!

Wonder if Brian is the first of many to go, with a new boss running the show?

Given the absolute cheesefest that the "Smile" direction has turned into I wouldnt be surprised if more leave after Brian. The imaging, taglines and new direction are just wrong, wrong, wrong!

Brian will be back on air before the end of the year Im sure. Apart from possibly Pat Courtney he's the best thing the station's ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭More Music

Does the Brian McColl in question run BMAC training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

He does indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Heard Brian McColl has left 98, what a terrible loss for the station. One of their best DJs ever. Terrible blow for 98 just as they are trying to turn things around and step it up a bit. Mind you, I hardly think a new logo/jingles and old tag line is going to turn the station around much.

I think the biggest mistake was taking Brian off the home run. :mad:

Great jock and lets hope someone snaps him up shortly, if he hasn't been snapped up already!

This thread should be renamed the Brian McCall appreciattion thread after that post :o

Personally I found him to be annoying, he always tried to be funny by interupting the news & sports readers, I emphasise the word try. But hey if thats what a good DJ is these days than I stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Sizzler wrote: »
    This thread should be renamed the Brian McCall appreciattion thread after that post :o

Agree with you. Brian will be a big loss to 98 in one way but looking a the direction that the new PD is pushing the station its probably best that he leaves now rather than when 98 goes down the toilet.

I remember meeting Brian a couple of years ago and he was very helpful sort of bloke. Best of luck to him in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Personally I found him to be annoying, he always tried to be funny by interupting the news & sports readers, I emphasise the word try. But hey if thats what a good DJ is these days than I stand corrected.

Would you have preferred if he said "that was Coldplay, on the way we have George Michael and here's Leona Lewis"?

Dont be silly. Radio is a form of communication, Brian's interaction with with the news and sport presenters was part of the shows style. Listen to any top rated jock on a top rated station in the UK and you'll hear it every day.

But I suppose that says it all really :)

Brian was the best Drivetime radio jock Ive heard in the past 10 years. Period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

And why not? The guy has probably forgotton more about presenting a radio programme than most of us will ever know , plus he's a gent to boot.

The best of luck to him with where ever he goes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

The Muppet wrote: »
    The best of luck to him with where ever he goes now.

I hope Stereo Jack hasn't got his number;)

Advertisement