Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pylons in he north west

Options
  • 22-06-2008 2:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Okay, i have a problem with them for safety reasons as well as esthethic reasons. But have you noticed they are erupting like boils on our countryside? I have been going up and down to dublin by train and they are everywhere. Its heartbreaking that our natural environment is been abused again and what can we do? They are being "fast-tracted" apparently through planning. I know we need to have our communctaion infrastructure updated but these lines can go underground at not that much bigger of a cost apparently. :(:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It's definitely a shame - There are some power lines around Drumcliffe that really ruin the view of Ben Bulben for a good mile or so (At least for photographs)

However, it's not as bad as it can get...

PF_1146483~Power-Line-Towers-Manitoba-Prairie-Posters.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I love the turbines, wherever they are. There is no middle ground with them, you either love them or hate them. It sure does beat the pylons and the "power stations" that are dotted about the area. I would prefer to live beside the turbines rather than pylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

There were long and consistent campaigns against these pylons going over ground. It was lost and there was little public support.

Unfortunately, most people only complain when it directly affects them or when it's too late

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

GG66 wrote: »
    There were long and consistent campaigns against these pylons going over ground. It was lost and there was little public support.

Unfortunately, most people only complain when it directly affects them or when it's too late

Perhaps thats why they fast-tracted them through central planning to silence local people? They are people still coming together in Meath though?
    http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2008/01/anti-pylons-group-plans-to-step-up.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

They are trying to erect these pylons along the east for a connector cable from the north into dublin .But theyre has been suspicions that these pylons are highly dangerous so the company tried to rush the plannig through,but public caught on and objected.They could bury these cables, the only thing is that it would cost more and these companies try to cut every corner.They are only taking economic cost into factor and not the social cost of beautiful scenery and living enviroment.These pylons also take value away from properties in those areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement