Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to Scanning

• 22-06-2008 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help me.

I have recently bought a Uniden Bearcat 72XLT

1. How do I store frequencies in specific banks?

2. Every time I try to store something somewhere I get "error". I was given a list of frequencies but none of them save it, the "error" message comes up on them all.

3. How can you specify between AM or FM, kHz or mHz.

Im in north louth!

I appreciate any help even if its not about the above points, would just like to get started! Cant pick up anything even when I travel into Dundalk town!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

read the manual thats why the supply one with it.

i dont know anything about bearcats used a few and found them horrible to use but there is loads of people using them so the do work.

go to www.frequencydb.com and sign up there loads of info and people into radio on that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Thanks mate,

How do you sign up to that site?

Manual was as good as useless to be honest. Suppose they (rightly) assumed if I bought one I knew the basics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I've something similar. PDF manual found on web for a different US model works for saving. It's not obvious. I can't remember.

Try this manual
    http://racingelectronics.com/bc80manual.pdf

Mine works well for listening to repeaters (145.675 MHz in Dundalk, 145.600 Dublin, 145.650 Slieve Bloom, all FM), NOAA weather satellites (PC software needed and cable from ear out to PC mic or Line in), Air (127MHz AM Dublin Airport, Weather reports) and marine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I had to read the manual for my 72XLT a few times for certain functions...the explanations/step 1,2,3...aint too clear the first time.

When you get "error" on the screen, ensure that the frequency is valid for the "band" mode, ie when you switch the scanner on first thing. Could be the incorrect tuning step too.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

humaxf1 wrote: »
    When you get "error" on the screen, ensure that the frequency is valid for the "band" mode, ie when you switch the scanner on first thing. Could be the incorrect tuning step too.

Best of luck!

I tried all 3 bands and nothing will recognise (it is always showing error). Also can you save if you manually input a frequency (ie just func+2 to go up to your desired frequency)?? Ive tried but to no avail!

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement